Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

1 inch thick pork chops recipe?

I have a couple of pork chops thawing out for supper tonight. They are thick pork chops. I need a recipe for them! We usually grill them but due to the fires here in TX and the burn bans, we are no longer allowed to grill outdoors. Thanks for your recipes!!! :)

• R.P.D.
    Favorite Answer

We live in Texas too. Same problem - no cooking outdoors.

Stuffed Pork Chops

6 pork chops, 1-inch thick

4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces

1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 cup corn bread stuffing crumbs

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 350°F.

Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of pork chop.

Cook bacon over medium heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally, until crisp.

Stir in onion and bell pepper.

Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Remove from heat and drain.

Stir in stuffing crumbs and water until well mixed.

Stir in cheese.

Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with seasoned salt, marjoram and pepper.

Fill pockets with about 1/3 cup stuffing.

Place pork chops in 13x9-inch pan.

Cover tightly; bake 45 minutes.

Uncover; bake about 10 minutes longer.

Turn the chops and bake for 10 more minutes.

• janet

I usually do this with 4 pork chops, so you may want to cut this recipe in half. However, the rice is so good, that I'd go ahead and use the full recipe so you have leftover rice -- it's delicious cold!

Brown the pork chops on each side, in a little oil. You don't want them cooked through, just brown the outside for flavor. Add a little salt and pepper to the chops.

In a separate bowl, mix together 1 small chopped onion, 1 finely chopped clove of garlic, 1 cup of uncooked rice, a large can of chopped tomatoes -- The canned tomatoes are the 26 ounce size (may be an ounce or two off on that -- let me go check my cupboard) -- ok, it's a 28-ounce can. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix all of that together.

Then spoon that mixture over the pork chops. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for about 45 minutes, until the rice is done and the liquid is absorbed. This is really good served with applesauce.

Hope you enjoy it. It's one of our favorites.

P.S. The rice mixture also calls for a chopped green pepper. We don't like green pepper so I don't add it, but obviously if you like that, add it. My daughter doesn't add the garlic, but adds double onion. Just add whatever you know you like.