my son will be 9 months old in 2 days and he still gets up every 3 hours at night to have a bottle?

how can i get him to sleep all night? even his naps are no more then 10-15 min long

Favorite Answer

How do you help him fall asleep? Do you let him use his bottle to fall asleep? Or do you put him down totally awake and let him fall asleep on his own?

IF its the latter then weaning gently off the bottle is relatively easy. Simply take one feeding and start diluting the formula so that he gets the same amount of liquid but there is increasingly less formula in it (cut back 1 scoop every 2-3 days). Then start on the next feeding.

If however he is falling asleep with the bottle you've got some work to do. Check the article below.

good luck!

Try giving him some rice cereal with his formula right before he goes down for the night. Sometimes a warm bath, then a warm bottle helps. Also, you might want to see if keeping him up alittle later then normal helps. Sometimes being that much more tired will help for a sounder sleep. Could it be that maybe he's having too many nap times during the day? But overall, being that he's 9 months old, he's most likely needing something heaver in his tummy besides formula, and maybe 1 less nap during the day. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Source(s): raised 3 children, 2 grandchildren

My son was exactly the same way and he was really bad at eating solids so I started putting a little bit of baby cereal in his bottle, doctors dont recommend it but if you dont put too much he'll be fine(mix it with his milk really good). I also gave him long warm baths like an hour before bed and he slept greatttt! If he goes through the night atleast once then you know he can do it and instead of giving him a bottle when he wakes up just comfort him, maybe sing to him rub his back scratch his head. My son is now 13 months and he sleeps up to 12-13 hours (: hes awesomeee

My son started sleeping through the night at 13 months, long after he was on solids. The pediatrician suggested I feed him a cup of yogurt or so before bedtime and reduce his milk intake right before bed. It helped a little but he was still getting up 1-2 a night. However, eventually he just stopped waking up. Nothing I did really changed it. He just decided when he was ready.

Are you feeding him solids yet? Sometimes it helps to have a jar of baby food, baby cereal, or regular food (whichever he eats) soon before he sleeps. He is old enough now not to eat at night you could let him cry it out or try rocking him back to sleep. Babies don't always cry at night because they are hungry are you checking to see if he is wet or cold/hot?

• david

My son is 15 months, he stopped eating at night at about 13 months. I don't know of anything you can do besides suffer through it for a bit longer...but you aren't alone :)

He shouldn't have a bottle at nine months