Chevy Cruze- first car?

I'm 16 and looking for a first car. But the thing is, in my family it HAS to be a Chevy. (or GM manufactured.)

I've been looking at the Cruze, and it's basically my dream car. I know it's not very expensive, but because it's a first car my parents want a slightly lower price. Which is perfectly understandable, except Chevy doesn't offer much with good safety ratings, etc, which we also want.

Any suggestions? Also, how low do you thing i could get one for. (Obviously not 10k or less, but you know what i mean.)

Thanks. :)

'The-Razors-Edge'- I really don't have a choice outside of Chevy/GM, because i'm not the one actually buying it.

*Also, if anybody has personal experience with the Cruze/Chevy. I know that GM also makes Saturn and Chrysler, but i need some recommendations.

Favorite Answer

Get a used one or a cobalt.

Note - Chrysler isn't part of GM

• Evil C

First off... the thing of it HAVING to be a Chevy is just favoritism that your family apparently is applying on you. That's one of the great things about america... freedom of choice you know?

Anyways, the Cruze is manufactured off the same assembly line as was the Cavalier and the Cobalt. And those cars were known to be nothing but problems. So that in mind, I wouldn't have high hopes of reliability from the Cruze either. I hear all the time that something like an older Toyota or Honda is a better bet if you're looking for a good, reliable car, however, even then that's a mere matter of opinion. If it must be GM, I would find something with one of their 3.8 V6 engines. At least that made the Wards top 10 engine list for quite a few years.

EDIT: GM does not make Chrysler. Chrysler was its own motor company until it fell through during the recession and I believe Fiat bought them out.

The Cruze is a fantastic car and I highly recommend it after having driven the ones purchased by family members. While it does come from the same plant that built the Cavalier and Cobalt, GM invested hundreds of millions of dollars in GM Lordstown to upgrade equipment and the workforce is committed to building a world class automobile. The Cruze has nothing but high marks from consumers and safety organizations. It has regularly ranked as the number one selling compact in America.

Count yourself lucky that you are in a position to buy such a great car at such a young age and go have fun with it.

Get a Malibu. It's worth the extra money over the Daewoo Cruze.

GM doesn't make Chrysler.