Why did a major american financial magazine not rank any major US cities in top 100 best to live in?

in the entire world, for quality of life, cost and availability of housing and health care, job availabilities, culture and the arts, etc..etc..

why did cities in countries in countries like Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, Canada etc..... make it while american cities did not. keep in mind this was done by a major american financial conservative magazine whose readership is pretty much well to do americans....

I was trying to get the factual answers, but I see some people are too bent the whole Dem vs Con thing. I mean think about it....an actual real major magazine that is a major financial magazine in the USA did not rank any US city in the to 100.....and this was done by americans. I just want to know why. Is it ok to ask why???

Favorite Answer

Probably depends on what they used for measuring.

One can get any city on top of such a chart if you pick the right thing to measure.

A house isn't going to cost very much if there is no electric or water bills due to the fact that there is no water or electricity in the house... and so on.

• justa

I don't know what they considered, nor how important they considered things Americans might not find important.

I do know I'm not fond of the the cramped way most Europeans live, their kitchens are nearly non existent, which explains why cafes are so important there, their bathrooms are tiny and lack needed facilities and the hot water sometimes needs help.

as far as costs go, the Europeans costs are equal to ours, and the taxes higher. Of course they do get medical coverage too and that is a major plus.

Its possible that this is just geared to people with lots of money who are planning to buy or rebuild.

There are always people who chose to put down what American has to offer, and I find it odd that a conservative magazine whose readership is rich Americans would want to live in a high tax country with a 'socialist' health care plan, and that these same people don't want that for the people in this country, and think this country should end any support for the arts, when they value the arts in other countries.

Most major US cities have a higher crime rate then the european, canadian... ones.

This pretty much ruins the quality of life score.

But then again Vienna Austria is ranked first again and in personal i hate this city ;-)

• Kini

I saw that article. The reasons you mention is why that is true.

If it took into account the number of military bases and the wealth of the top 1% of people, maybe the U.S. would rank #1.

because the u.n. poverty index places u.s. at 22 on places to live . costa rica is up near top.

also the u.s. does not have bill of rights as anti spyware on net .makes sense for it to be used as computer program since citizens worry government spies on then and wipes it's *** with the constitution.citizens like naomi wolfe fear every fight president might be the one to do so.will eventually be right unless u.s. media put in spam box and and bill of rights used as anti-spyware.

Source(s): bill of rights idea. naomi wolfe and other americans.spam box.

I see where you are going with this one.. Could it be that mostly all major US cities are Democrat ran?

Could it be because they are so gang infested you don't dare go there?

Happy multiculturalism...GO USA...

to be so full of envy

it must really suck to be you