Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

Is it ok to open and close a speech with a quote?

If I have a quote in the intro of my speech, is it ok to have another quote as the clincher?

Its a self introductory speech. I feel both quotes that I want to use are relevant not only to each other, but to the speech as well. I just want to know if it's considered overkill when using two quotes for similar paragraphs (intro and conclusion) in one speech.

Favorite Answer

This is fine, but try to make your end quote relevant to your opening quote and both should sum-up what your speech is about, so that a person who hears only the beginning or only the end will know what you are talking about and be able to go away and research it on their own.

• lael

those are frequently for concept/expertise. “ in case you don’t be conscious of the place your going. Any highway will take you there.” George Harrison “Be your man or woman proper pal and don’t forget to wink at your self now and then.” Diane von Furstenburg “existence isn't measured by the style of breaths we take, yet by the moments that take our breath away.” “in case you frequently do what you frequently did, you will constantly get what you frequently have been given.” “The silly guy seeks happiness interior the area; the sensible guy grows it decrease than his feet”. “never mistake expertise for expertise, one facilitates you're making a residing, the different facilitates you're making a existence.” James Oppenheim “You don’t get cohesion whilst everyone sings a similar be conscious.” “in case you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for something.” Doug Floyd “discover ways to pause . . . or no longer something precious will capture as much as you.” “do no longer bypass the place the path could lead on on. bypass rather the place there is not any course and bypass away a path.” “A era that ignores history has no previous and has no destiny” Unknown “In attempting to get our own way, we would desire to constantly bear in mind that kisses are sweeter than whine” Unknown DeeJay.

• I don't know. I think the first quote would be fine, but for the final sentence I think you ought to come up with something yourself.

• Marlo

yeah that would work.

" Life is but a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves " and... they say we walk around half aware of our surroundings

yep