Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Since when, has political correctness become valid in the US Military?

Homosexuality, overly accepting of other races(such as fearing to speak out or banter and joke with them), now DI's cannot curse at or hit the recruits, everything is technical half of the military consists of nerds. What has happened, guys? I served USMC , saw plenty of combat, my company provided ground assistance during Khe Sanh, got out after a few years, I can tell you this, back when I was in it the service, it was nothing like today. You could say anything you want without repercussions and no I am not talking about "free speech", grunts actually had a backbone, you guys talk about the draftees and how they were cannon fodder, heh I can bet you 100 bucks a Vietnam era draftee would survive a lot longer in a conventional war then your current GI's. Thats just me. Back then, we served, we fought, we died(in great numbers.) RIP to all the forgotten boys on that wall, those who will remain 18 and 19 forever, I survived only to come back and be ridiculed by the general public, spit on, "baby killer", etc. I am not a Southerner(Rather an Irish Catholic from New York City) but I have heard its illegal for any type of tattoo containing the "Confederate flag", what a load of BS, back in Nam, Along with Old Glory, you saw Confederacy flags on bases, shirts and posted up everywhere, along with state flags or even flags like (Irish, Italian, Polish, etc), Black Power flags(remember the times, civil rights), peace flags(by the potheads), etc, etc. I am just glad I did not grow up in this generation, they say once a Marine, always a Marine, but I am disgusted with the current ways of the US Military. Politics is no way to conduct a military.

For my current Marines and other soldiers, we are brothers in arms for life, its not you, its the guys at the top, keep fighting the good fight and come home safely, god bless and let there never be another Vietnam(Always welcome home Vets). OORAH!

Favorite Answer

Change comes with each new headstone/gravemarker. Perhaps you forget the WW2 vets who told you they didn't have napalm, etc. Your day has gone and new day has arrived.

Oh, when you start talking about a subject, include the other things your gang did, like coming home hooked on heroin, fragging officers in record numbers and then there's the over 100 liars I've met claiming to be on the last chopper off the embassy roof.

• Caesar

A nerd with a predator sitting in Nevada could wipe out your backbone unit of spartans in any place of the planet... . I am just glad I did not grow up in your generation

Politics, or religious view a or racial or intelectual bias is no way to conduct a military.. the war need the best soldiers... but all the soldiers who had serve should get respect, hope can you include your modern brothers in arms...

because breaking a soldier to become a soldier is just wrong...

• Daver

What, are you looking for sympathy or something?

i dont care if there gay or straight as long as they can shoot straight