Spain: Is Costa Del Sol a nice place to go to in October?

Me and my boyfriend are looking at late deals and just wondered if places are still open and if the weather is reasonable in october in Costa del sol?

• Pompal
    Favorite Answer

I wasn't going to answer this as I replied to a similar question asked by you about 2 weeks ago. However, having read what "jackie m" has said, I felt I should.

I'm going during the first week in October (4th) as I do every year. The weather is usually lovely (mid 20's), the sea IS still warm enough to swim in and the majority of attractions are still open, albeit on restricted hours. The water parks, Parque Acuatico Mijas & Aqualand, Torremolinos will be closed and Tivoli World Theme Park is open weekends only but this is to be expected with the children back at school. October is, after all, not so much a month for families and, indeed, many people like to take a holiday when there are fewer children about.

You'll have a great time on the Costa del Sol and at half the price you'd pay for a holiday in Tenerife.

My week is costing around £208 for flights and hotel on a half board basis. I've used the same hotel for a few years now, usually 3 times a year, and it is well recommended. In addition, you will find that the Costa del Sol (unless you choose Marbella/Puerto Banus) is very reasonable to drink & eat out, if that's what you choose, and buses and trains are cheap & frequent.

So, yes, the Costa del Sol is a VERY nice place to go in October.

It's a bit touch and go with the weather but yeh, October should be fine. In all honestly it's just down to luck so throw a jacket and some jumpers in your suit case just in case. Most places will still be open as the season doesn't end till the end of October but even at that unlike a lot of Spain a lot of businesses are open all year round.

Source(s): I used to live there and ran a bar that was open year round.
  • ?

I live in altea near benidorm. Our average temp in oct is 23 degrees. our nights are cool at around 17 degrees. I myself think benidorm is spains best resort it really does tick every box. You have the amazing beach, great bars and nightlife, spanish culture and scenery in the old town with great views and you can have a real taste of spain in the tapas bars. Also we have one of the best entertainment venues in spain Benidorm Palace it is amazing, great food, show and location. Benidorm is well liked by many british tourists and has the biggest returning visitors in spain. Mind benidorm is very commercialized in the newtown where the hotels and Levante Beach is, but it has had a major renovation within the past 5 years. Benidorm does have something for evryone. Benidorm all the way in my opinion

costa del sol is lovely

Weather cant be guarenteed so pack a few jeans a jumper just incase x

Most of the pubs and clubs will be closed for the end of season but there will be some still open. I am from Scotland and week starting 14th October is a Scottish school holiday week so will be busy with kids. The weather is very changeable but not warm enough for swimming. Tenerife would be a better choice for weather.

You should expect a bit of rain