Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 8 years ago

SSD overheating question?

I've got a 2.5" SSD in my computer right now as my main drive, and I've noticed under long times of reading/writing a lot of data, my computer crashes constantly

So far, all I can come up with is that I need a drive cooler. Any suggestions/other probable problems?

Favorite Answer

Drive cooler for a solid state drive?? Do you know that an SSD doesn't have mechanical parts inside? Have you had a urine test lately?

to the guy above, a CPU has no moveing parts either, so does that mean it produces no heat??

you can get bay coolers, but i'd reccomend an Antec Spot cool, mount it on a motherboard screw and point it at the hard drive. they do produce a lot of heat if they are constantly accessed.

To the guy above......a solid state drive doesn't have 47,000,000 transistors switching on and off like the CPU!

As for the question the drive must be defective,heat is not your problem