Tiff asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

Why is Africa so poor, and will it ever become a well developed country?

The west donates easily billions of dollars every year just to Africa alone, but I'm pretty sure Africa is in almost the exact same state it was in a bunch of years ago.. What do they do with our money? Why is it such a poor country and will it ever get better?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Africa is a continent.

• 8 years ago

There are over 50 sovereign states within the continent of Africa, none of which fly the same flag. The billions of dollars donated every year to Africa does not go directly to the people who need the most. The money is funnelled through the "government in charge". Very little gets to the poor. The greatest impact on Africa has been provided through missionaries who devote their time, energy, and money to educating the tribal population of Africa about health and education. I doubt if every country in Africa will ever become well developed in my life time. I am 70.

• 8 years ago

Africa is a continent and there are many well to do countries on the continent.However the idea of success is different to all peoples.Living to see the next day is a great accomplishment.many of the countries leaders like to keep to population stoned on drugs or uneducated,this way it easy to control them.Does this sound familiar?I could give you a thousand dollars a day but if you don't share what happens?Seriously what happens?Now can you imagine if someone is given billions of dollars and is greedy what happens?Abraham Lincoln said" Just about every man can withstand misfortune but to see his real character give him power".

• 8 years ago

Many tribes are still at the same war they have been in since the dawn of time. Tribe A hates Tribe B and both of them hate Tribe C. Peace comes and goes like a butterfly when conditions are like this.

Then there are the dictators who take and take and take, leaving the people with dirt.

Droughts do bad things to everybody, good and bad. Countries can build themselves up into shining lights in arid lands...only to vanish beneath the sands. Literally.

Now, there isn't much one can do when the ever growing Sahara Desert moves into your town. But there are people in Africa who are busily drilling wells. But who will control the well when it is drilled? You? Or your enemy? Back to the problem at the top: Tribe A vs Tribe B....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • swan
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Google - ''Somali UN US 1992'' and view what they did to the UN and US while they went over there with super quantities of help. 30 human beings have been killed and dragged interior the streets, purely for attempting to help them. There are prosperous areas of Africa too, yet they won't help their damaging. somebody stated united statesa. grow to be stereotyping Africa for asserting it extremely is a damaging us of a, in a question I spoke back, and grow to be indignant by capacity of folk asserting it grow to be a damaging county. They stated their mothers and dads have been from Africa and had maids and hugh gates around their residences. So jointly as many in Africa are damaging, and it is totally unhappy, it extremely is time for the prosperous areas of Africa to help their very own human beings. they have continuously depended on worldwide places like ours to help, ..maximum donations are no longer attending to the damaging besides. i do no longer techniques helping others, however the prosperous there won't even help their very own human beings, they must start up.Many are robbing trucks with help, armed with weapons, and merchandising each and every little thing, even nutrients. So the damaging are not seeing not often any of it.

• 8 years ago

centuries of euroPean colonization and internal tribal warfare really fcuked uP africa....

Parts of africa are develoPed like kenya and south africa but yeah it will take a while and it can definalty get better with helP

• 8 years ago

Until the people of the region advance beyond the tribal culture that they embrace today, they will remain backward and as poor

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Those people just love the bling too much so the money is wasted.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Those people just love the bling too much so the money is wasted.

• 8 years ago

They wanted independence - they got it , and it has been down hill since . They are not ready to cope and they never will be all the time we are dishing out aid .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.