What Is The Default Password For A Cisco Linksys E1000?

Ok, I have a laptop equipped for wireless. While I was in college, I was frequently able to tap into other networks within my apartment complex or through the university unless they required a password. As I was a cheapo who had to pay my own way, I would piggy onto unsecure networks as much as possible. These... show more Ok, I have a laptop equipped for wireless. While I was in college, I was frequently able to tap into other networks within my apartment complex or through the university unless they required a password. As I was a cheapo who had to pay my own way, I would piggy onto unsecure networks as much as possible. These networks usually had names like "linksys", "DarthVader", "Bradleyhasahugecock" and other stupid stuff, but if it provided internet access and didn't ask for a password I connected.

I am currently visited my family at home after graduation and would like to use my laptop. My parents have a Cisco linksys E1000 router of their own set up near the desktop, and provides wireless access to my mother's laptop in another part of the house. I went to my laptop to see what networks were available and the only one there was "LargePenguin". We live in the country on a large horse farm so it is not like we would be in range for anyone else, and only one shows up, so LargePenguin must be theirs.

The thing is, my parents swear they never named their network "LargePenguin" and insist they never set a password for it either. In fact, when my mother goes online it never prompts her for a password or anything; but when I try to connect it asks me for a password. I ran through the list of commonly used passwords in the family and came up dry. I read online that the default passwords are usually "admin" or "1234", but it insists the password is at least 8 characters.

I would like to connect to my parents router so I can go online from my room and not have to wait to use the desktop when my dad is on it. Is there a default password that is at least 8 characters that is commonly used by these types of routers or is there something else I am supposed to do? I am not too terribly tech saavy, just the common sense stuff and a bit more. Please assist, I would much appreciate it. Thank you!