Christians: Are There Any Scriptures That Portray The Father As A Separate Entity To God?

There are many scriptures that portray Jesus as a separate entity to God. (1Corinthians 11:3; Romans 8:34; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 9:24)

Can you quote or cite any scriptures that portray the Father as a separate entity to God?

LaPreal: The question is not about proving or disproving that Jesus is Jehovah. I already know that Jesus is NOT Jehovah (The Father). Even the Trinity doctrine teaches that Jesus is not The Father. And the Bible makes it very plain that the Father's name is Jehovah. So both the official Trinity doctrine and the Bible is in agreement on the one point that The Son is NOT the Father. Why evade the question when you can answer it?

Well done BibleChooser, you have a very creative sense of humor. I never would have thought that someone would quote those awkward old-English constructions from the KJV. But seriously, we both know what modern-English translations of those verses show -- that the word Father is used in those verses, as a parallel expression for God, meaning: 'God [Who is] The Father', 'God [who is] our Father', 'God The Father of' etc. Thanks for the laugh though.

Favorite Answer

In the book of John alone,

there are 176 references

that clearly and concisely show two separate and distinct individuals.

1 Kings 8:27~

"But will God truly dwell upon the earth?

Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens,

themselves cannot contain you;

how much less, then, this house that I built."

Clearly then; God Almighty cannot be contained in the womb of a human woman.

Let alone a house of any sort.

Those whom identified Jesus as:

God's Son/ The messiah/ Anointed One of God/ Servant of God:

The angel Gabriel @ Luke 1:32; Mt 18-25.

Elizabeth and (the unborn John the Baptist) @ Lu 1:41-45.

Angels @ Luke 2:9-11.

Shepherds @ Lu 2:17; 8-20.

Simeon @ Lu 2:25-35.

Anna @ Luke 2:36-38.

Andrew @ John 1:40,41.

Nathanael @ John 1:49.

Nicodemus @John 3:2.

Samaritan men @ John 4:42.

Samaritan woman @ John 4:25 & 29.

Luke 9:35; Acts 3:13,26; 1 Pet 3:22.

Isaiah chapters 52, 53 {throughout} & 50:4-10.

Jehovah God @ Matt 3:17; Luke 3:21,22; Mark 1:11; Isa 50: 4-9.

Jesus Christ @ Lu 4:16-18-21, 31-34; Mark 14:61,62; John 10:30,36; 17:25,26.

Satan the Devil @ The Temptations of Christ.

Demons @ Mark 1:23,24,34; Luke 4:41; Isa 50:5,8,9.

I was only able to find 9 such verses in the New Testament (I did not search the Old Testament). You will notice that they portray the Father and God as "separate entities" to a degree that is equal to the passages that you have quoted.

http://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ga...

- Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

P.S. Your argument is: "my apples are different from your apples; therefore, your apples aren't really apples." I satisfied the requirement of the challenge. The verses I quoted certainly **can be** understood in the manner you suggest (and should be, in my opinion) - but, of course, so can the verses that YOU quoted be (rationally) understood in the manner "Jesus is God" rather than "Jesus is a separate being from God".

To state it differently: your claim is, "My interpretation of your verses is that God and the Father are the same being; my interpretation of my verses is that God and the Jesus are different beings. Therefore, your verses do not satisfy my challenge." My reply is, "My interpretation of your verses is that Jesus and God are the same being." Your argument is not logically sound; it relies upon your personal, biased interpretation and rejects alternate interpretations.

Explaining the Trinity is fairly complicated pondering our information is constrained, yet to God it does make sense. it is the only occasion which could ultimate clarify it and somewhat unfavourable for my area. there is one guy, yet he's 3 persons. the guy is a father, a son and a husband. he's a father because of the fact he has a son. he's a son because of the fact he has a son, and he's a husband because of the fact he has a spouse. nonetheless one guy, yet 3 distinctive persons. Now relating to God, please are conscious of it is a long far greater complicated that we can in no way totally understand. God isn't constrained like we are, so it is achievable for Jesus to be God jointly as God remains in heaven all on a similar time. I attempt to no longer think of roughly it too plenty in any different case my strategies will start to harm. this will not be the respond you have been finding for, yet i'm hoping it helps. God bless you too.

Proverbs 8:28-31 , 28 when he made firm the cloud masses above, when he caused the fountains of the watery deep to be strong, 29 when he set for the sea his decree that the waters themselves should not pass beyond his order, when he decreed the foundations of the earth, 30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, 31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men.

We know that Jesus is the Master worker it is misconception that that Jesus is God formed by men under Satan's control that brought this pagan belief as a Christian teaching.

Jesus himself explains that all power has been given to him at Matt 28:18 :18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. and in verse 19 we see we are commanded to do something: 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

This is what is being done on a worldwide scale by the Jehovah's Witnesses(Matt 24:14)!

Hebrews 1:1-13 shows how Jehovah feels about Jesus, I will just site the fist few verses to show that the true God Jehovah is the heavenly Father to Jesus and you can read the rest at your leisure:(verses 1-3): God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, 2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. 3 He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power; and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places.

Anyone who is not blind(2 Corinthians 4:4) can see that Jehovah is the Father and Jesus is Jehovah's "only begotten Son"!

Jesus is "Jehovah" according to the NWT

Get your Bible out.

Psalm 102: Who is this Psalm about? Only Jehovah

Now compare to Hebrews 1:6 Who is this about? Jesus

Hebrews 1:8-10 Who is this about? Jesus.

In the NWT is a footnote next to verse 10 saying "Psam 102:25-27" Why does the author of Hebrews apply this to Jesus?

John 12:39? When did Isaiah see Jesus' glory?

Isaiah 6:10 "Jehovah of hosts"

Who did Isaiah see? Jehovah

Who did John say Isaiah saw? Jesus

Hope you enjoyed this Bible lesson!

First of all, God is the Father. (John 6:57) "Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me."Jehovah God is not a God of confusion (1 Corinthian 14:33)

Why would a Creator create confusion for his believers? 3 God in 1 with Christ, Holy Spirit and Jehovah all lumped together? 3 God in 1? 1 God with 3 parts? (1/3+1/3+1/3) or What? (More confusion) (@_@)

Some scriptures to clarify that the son is seperate from the father is recorded as in:

a) Son is seperate from father:

(Proverbs 8:27) When he prepared the heavens I was there; (Jesus was already in Heaven when Jehovah was making it). Notice how the scripture worded it. When "he" prepared the heavens "I" was there-2 seperaten individuals at the time of the construction of heaven.

(Proverbs 8:24) "When there were no watery deeps I was brought forth as with labor pains". Jesus was talking of himself being brought forth (created by Jehovah) as if with the similar labour pain a human woman would have had under go. Son is seperate from the Father, as baby is seperate from mother.

b) Son not equal to father:

(1 Corinthian 8:5,6) For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.

The scripture had informed us that Jesus Christ is the Lord, and Jehovah is the father. They are two seperate beings.

(Isaiah 9:6)

There has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”

Notice the scripture referred to the Messiah as "Mighty God". Jesus occupy a glorious position in Jehovah's heavenly organization, but yet he is "Mighty God" (No doubt Godlike but not equal to Jehovah). because...

Only Jehovah is ALMIGHTY GOD, a singular entity, there is no others.

(Exodus 6:3) "And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty"

This is referring to Jehovah.

(Isaiah 43:11) I-I am Jehovah, beside me there is no saviour.

The Lord God Jehovah is referring to himself again, no others beside him ALONE can save mankind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal idea on the Trinitarian Thesis: It really shows how creative Satan is in inventing conflicting doctrines to create confusion in a world already confused. The Ph.d Theology of Trinity would definitely make the top 5 list of the "Deep things of Satan". lol

You don't want to go there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't want to be caught doing this either:

http://x20.xanga.com/d0782071d1d69206414404/z16055...

Trinity is already in practice by the Celts in Ancient Europe prior to contact by Christianity.

http://phoenixweasley.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/...

Source(s): Caps are not shouting, but are for emphasis. My throat is pretty sore by now. (Romans 3:4) "Let God be found true, though every man be found a liar".