Bill O'Reilly v Richard Dawkins?

Just watched a video of Bill O'Reilly debating about god with atheist Richard Dawkins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FARDDcdFaQ

Youtube thumbnail

I'm not american but is that guy always how you Americans would say " a douche bag" ?

He doesn't let Dawkins get a word in and like stated in the video comments he uses very primitive arguments and tries to make stupid jokes when Dawkins makes a good point.

@Ian Nelson. Billy O'reilly came out looking like an idiot, cracking stupid jokes and shouting over dawkins. Dawkins made some good points in the little speaking time he had and billy couldn't think of a clever reply so he either changed subject or cracked a joke. In no way do he belittle Dawkins.

Favorite Answer

O'Reilly is famous for being a douchebag. I am surprised Dawkins bothered talking to him.

Actually, belittling your opponent or trying to make his arguments seem ridiculous or stupid out of context are both extremely powerful debating tools. For example, If you can make it sound like someone saying "I don't believe in the bible" is saying "I don't believe anything I read" you can make them look terrible whilst strengthening your argument.

Don't mistake politics and debate with free thinking and logical reasoning!

Yeah, Conservative Talk Show Hosts are all hot air and hype. It's amazing they have any fans. Their fans can be called 'Conserva-Bots'

O'Reilly wants ratings, and Dawkins wants to educate.

That's the level of American debating for you.