Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I get my drivers licence in Texas?

I am 16 years old and almost 17 in four months but I am still confused on how to get my licence. I want to know what kind of paperwork my parents and I have to fill out for things such as getting my permit and what to do if I want to do either parent taught driving or having to actually go to driving school. As well as

Favorite Answer

Here is your answer copied directly from the Texas Dept of motor Vehicles. r

Requirements for All Applicants

All first time applicants for a Texas driver license must:

1. Apply in person at a Texas driver license office.

2. Present documents that verify your identity.

3. Present documents that verify you are a U.S. citizen or have lawful presence. All information on each document must match. Additional documentation may be required to verify conflicting information, incomplete names, and date of birth.

4. Present proof of Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must complete a Social Security Affidavit form available at the driver license office.

5. Present proof of Texas vehicle registration and liability insurance on all vehicles you own.

6. Complete the application for driver license or identification card (PDF).

7. Consent to be photographed, fingerprinted, and provide your signature at the time of application.

8. Pass the written, driving, and vision examinations. (Read more about foreign language examinations.)

9. Pay the required fee with cash, money order, or a non-temporary check only.

10. Provide a vehicle for the driving exam and present current liability insurance, Texas vehicle registration, and inspection for the vehicle.

NOTE: Anyone age 18 through 24 must also provide proof of Adult Driver Education.

Under age 18

A learner license to drive allows a beginning driver to operate a vehicle with someone in the front seat that is 21 years of age or older and holds a valid license. The minimum legal driving age in Texas is 15 years of age. Please refer to the Teen Driver information for additional requirements.

A current or new resident of Texas who is under 18 years of age must:

1. Complete the requirements for an original applicant (see Requirements above).

2. Present the driver education completion certificate. All applicants who have a learner’s license or a provisional (full class) driver license will be required to submit the completion certificate.

OR

Present a Parental Driver Education Affidavit (DL-90A) and Classroom Instruction and Behind-the-Wheel Record (DL-91A and DL-91B) for parent taught driver education only.

3. Submit a Verification of Enrollment and Attendance (VOE) (CDD-104) form, or a letter from the school administrator as a substitute for the Verification of Enrollment and Attendance form. The letter must contain the same information as the VOE form.

4. Obtain parental authorization (If Parent Taught Driver Education was completed, parent must be present to sign).

NOTE: The VOE form verifies the applicant is enrolled in a public school, home school, private school or GED program. The VOE form is required for original and renewal applicants under the age of 18. VOE forms are valid for 30 days after issuance in the spring and fall semesters and for 90 days during the summer.

• ?

hahahahaha...god help us..