Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Has my four year old daughter been sexually abused?

Okay, this is a very frustrating, confusing, complicated situation. I don't know what to believe. I worry that things I have said or done may have contributed to a false allegation, and I also worry that she is telling the truth. I am going to explain in as much detail as I can what happened:

Last night I caught my daughter lying on her bedroom floor with her pants down. This is the second time I have caught her within the past week in her room lying on her back with her pants down, so this is a new behavior. When I asked her why she was doing it, she said because my boyfriend did it. I asked her a number of questions after that and she basically said that he took off her pants and took off his pants and put his "circle part" on her butt, and when I asked her to point where he put it she pointed at her vagina. I was totally freaking out at this point but I tried to be calm and kept asking questions and she kept answering with a big smile on her face the whole time. She kept changing the story but two things remained constant: that my boyfriend was in her room and the description of his "circle part" located near his butt. She goes back and forth between what he did with the "circle thing" and when asked if it really happened or if she made it up in her head she goes back and forth between these things too, and I don't know if at her age she can really understand that concept plus I don't want her to think that I don't believe in her if it is true by asking over and over if it was all in her head. So the story is constantly changing but those two things about the "circle thing" and him being in her room are consistent. I did check all her clothes and bedding and her private parts for signs of blood, fluid, trauma etc. and found nothing.

What makes me wonder if she is telling the truth is that she had a big smile on her face the whole time, she kept changing her story, and this is all coming soon after I started having conversations with her about her private parts and that only she is allowed to touch them, or Mommy or a Doctor if she is hurt or need help on the toilet, and that if anybody else ever touched her to tell Mommy right away. During these conversations she rattled off names of close relatives who were not allowed to touch her, including the name of my boyfriend of 3 years. She has also unfortunately walked in on us having sexual relations and walked in on movies with sexual scenes, so she has been exposed to sexual behaviors that she should not have been exposed to and I wonder if maybe that exposure plus the conversation about private parts plus the fact that she is four and has been telling numerous tall tales lately has contributed to her making up this elaborate story about my boyfriend. This is a man I love who loves me and my daughter, whom I trusted completely, and we have even talked of marriage and having kids together.

On the other hand, things that make me wonder if this is true is the timing. Just a few days previously she was alone with him while he babysat her because I had to work and her preschool was out for that day. For her to say these things so soon afterward does not seem like it can be a coincidence. She goes back and forth between whether I was home at the time and the clothes she was wearing, but this is a four year old so I doubt her memory would be completely accurate. Also, there is my boyfriends history of strange sexual behaviors and abuse in his family. His father was abusive and he recently confessed that his father molested his sisters, but did not say whether his father molested him. He likes to fantasize about "raping" me during sex which freaks me out at times at makes me wonder how deep rooted this fantasy goes. He is not violent or abusive at all towards me or my daughter and has a niece of the same age who he has not touched, but because of the rape fantasy I wonder if it really is so far fetched that he might do something so horrendous.

I don't know what to think because her taking off her pants could just be normal sexual curiosity, and her curiosity could be peaked because of the conversations we have been having about private parts. She also is at a stage where she makes up all sorts of stories and events and has trouble distinguishing certain stories from reality. She unfortunately may have been witness to scenes which could be described as a male putting his "circle part" on a females private parts, and that could have fueled her fantasy. There is also the fact that this man she is accusing is someone that I believed to have been the love of my life and who I trusted completely. The fact that she still loves and trusts him and does not seem at all traumatized or afraid of him fuels my doubts, but what if I am wrong? What if he really did touch her in an inappropriate way? How can I be certain if she is telling the truth?

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure you posted this in the wrong section. If I was in your situation, this is what I would do:

1. take her to a counselor experienced in dealing with molested children. Have the counselor talk with her, and see what they say. If they believe she is telling the truth, take her to a doctor to be examined.

2. Do not tell your boyfriend what your daughter told you yet.

3. In the meantime, Install a "nanny cam" in your daughter's bedroom. They are not that expensive anymore. Check the nannycam's footage every time you can without being seen by your boyfriend.

4. It's very possible that she would not be traumatized and still loves and trusts him, as at her age, she doesn't really know that what he (may have) done is wrong. Also, it's very possible that he didn't actually penetrate her, so didn't actually physically hurt her....but if this is true, he WILL keep doing it, and it will eventually lead to actual rape.

Please contact a counselor IMMEDIATELY, and buy the nannycam IMMEDIATELY!

• old post but Nanny cam? seriously? did you just suggest she wait longer to see her daughter be molested again? how about kick the ****** out because children don't lie about that ****. rarely.

This must be devastating for you. No one wants their child to suffer something like this and to have their trust broken in someone they're close to.

The best advice I could give you is to not write her reliability off. Yes, she is four and has been exposed to the knowledge of sex while no four year old should even know what that is. However, when people speak about repeated molestations and rapes in their home, in many cases, it continued because the mother refused to believe their child or confront the facts. I don't think you are one of those mothers.

While it is possible that this may not have happened, it could have happened. It feels horrible to even think someone you trusted so much could hurt your child, it's much worse to not believe her and for this to happen again. Remember, in the vast majority of rape cases, a person (including children) are violated by those who are close to the family and trusted by them. That's how they gain access to the child.

I suggest taking her to a psychologist and to her doctor to check everything. Since she is so young, if she was raped, there may be some signs of trauma upon examination. Don't doubt her because she smiles when she talks about it. I urge you to seek the expertise of professionals.

Wth D:

Take her to the doctor immediately, wth are you doing type up this essay on yahoo answers?? >.<

GOOO TO THE DOCTORRRRRRRRRR

AND never leave yoru daughter with your friken boyfriend, you cant trust him since he's had sexual trauma in his life before.

For God's sake, you need to get your priorities straight. Your daughter before anyone.

Why the HELL did you allow PORN in your home around a little girl?! WTF? And why would you leave her with a perv who has RAPE fantasies?! You people do not deserve to have children! This is a disturbing story! I am praying that she gets removed from your custody. I wish I knew who you were, I&#x27;d report you and your boyfriend&#x27;s sleazy behavior around that baby in a nanosecond!

• Can't agree more, this is going onto that movie "Karla" extremes. the woman here is as much to blame as her sick **** boyfriend, and as USUAL the disgusting women want to believe their child is lying...they would rather stay with sickos like this one, rape fantasy isn't a big enough sign apparently

If u r a Muslim, u shouldnt be having sexual r/ships with your boyfriend....

But true, get ur daughter checked out

Why is she exposed to sexual behavior?

you would know better the answer to your question.

"Also, there is my boyfriends history of strange sexual behaviors and abuse in his family. " why do you hang out with guys like that?

Have you no pride?

Take her to the doctor and check, you never know

A 4 yr old can'y lie like that. she is not lying.

• 36

install a videocam secretly

islamic rule

doubt not

make certain

Get her medically examined. You will know for sure whether she has been raped or not.