Should Sodomy Be a Crime Like Rick Perry Wants it to be???

Lawrence v. Texas is a landmark United States Supreme Court case. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas in 2003.

Sodomy is Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults.

The effect of Lawrence v. Texas was erasing laws throughout the United States that made it a crime to have anal and oral sex between 2 consenting adults acting in private. Both heterosexual and Gay.

At the time in 2003 Thirteen States had Laws on the Books Against Oral and Anal Sex for 2 consenting Adults.- Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas.

PERRY WAS A STRONG SUPPORTER OF TEXAS’S ANTI-SODOMY LAWS: Perry was a strong proponent of Texas’s anti-sodomy law that was struck down in 2003 by the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas.

Calling the law “appropriate,” Perry dismissed the Court decision as the result of “nine oligarchs in robes.” Even after being struck down, Perry supported the Texas legislature’s refusal to remove the law from its books.

Do You Support Rick Perry saying Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults Should be a Crime??????????

Favorite Answer

Seriously I don't take anything that Perry says seriously.Perry has some crazy ideas and Ideologies, I just don't trust politicians with strong religious views.

• lobos

Neo Conservatives Like Rick Perry want each and every little thing to be a criminal offense. He even got rid of intercourse training and started Abstinence training. lmao heavily - google it. He did. fabulous. next there will be Prohibition lower back and you is definitely no longer waiting to smoke tobacco. next it is going to likely be what's left of our unfastened speech. Ron Paul 2012

No... nothing that at least 90% of people do should be illegal. (saying 10% do not do this was being generous)

***oral sex is also sodomy***

Unless he has engaged in those things, at one time or another he is too much of a nerd to have his opinions matter.

• I think his thing was Sodomy against an unwilling person such as a child or in a rape.

UHMM driving the wrong way on a road is a crime so yes I guess so it's the same thing

who's rick perry? never heard of him

is he related to katy perry or something?

Do you really feel thats strongly about buttsex? lol

Source(s): I'm a libertarian though, so I do agree that he has no right to tell consenting adults what they can or can't do in the privacy of their own homes.