Do you trust rolling stones magazine reviews?

they lost my respect after placing leigh stephens,eddie van halen,tony iommi,fred smith,wayne kramer,randy rhoads,henrey vestine,link wray,john fogerthy and many others in the 70-100 places and put many flukes in the 1-50 range most of which have never been heard of.for shame rolling stones magazines

Favorite Answer

there lists are fuc*k*ing stupid, i don't even know who the hell writes them, no i do not trust they're reviews, i think some random intern writes them.

Sometimes*

There album reviews aren't terrible, I'll give that some credit.

But I'm actually kind of the opposite of you. I think Rolling Stone has excessive hard-ons for old music industry legends and gives them far, far too much coverage and overwhelming positive reviews.

For instance, in the magazine's "Best Albums and Songs of the 2000s" list, four of the top 20 albums went to Springsteen, U2, and Bob Dylan. Now, this isn't a mark against any of those guys. They're music legends, it's no question at this point, but they're far, far past their respected primes. Regardless, RS still acts as if their the most prominent forces in the music industry.

I think (I can't assume for sure) that RS likes to think that it's some icon of the best new music in the world, but in reality they don't do much for new music, giving a lot of publicity for already established artists (regardless if they became popular three years ago or 30 years ago).

• Andrea

This list coming from the magazine that gave the Jonas Brother's new album 4 stars and Animal Collective's Strawberry Jam 3 stars.

It doesn't make them flukes just because you haven't heard of them. Don't get so wound up about this.

• you have to realise a review is only that persons opinion you should form your own opinion on things

• Mrs H

No, not at all.

• bet

No, I don't.