What would be the best laptop for college?

I'm going to an out-of-state university next fall and need to find a laptop that will work best for me. I'm going to be typing a LOT (going into a writing program) and need something dependable because I'm really not too adept at computer malfunctions and such. It needs to have a reasonably sized screen, I don't want to strain my eyes just to do homework.

What are your recommendations?

Favorite Answer

OK! There are going to be a lot of individuals going against my opinion, but I think you should get a Macbook Pro. Some might suggest Macbook Air just because it's lighter, but Macbook Pro has the better hardware and it runs better...its only 1 or 2 pounds heavier but its bigger than the Air so...

Now for the people who are Apple haters, they need to get on with the new technology. Apple is now the number one best selling technology company (cuz we're AWESOME like that plus we're ten times better than other computer making companies). I suggest Macbook Pro because:

1. You can get microsoft office on it

2. Very dependable, not too heavy

3. Comes in three sizes, 15inch, 17 inch, and 19 inch

4. Hardly slows down after years of downloading, researching, and stuff

5. The screen view....OMG its the best out there in the market. It uses billions and billions of pixels to cover the whole screen.

6. *here comes the best part* NO ,I mean absolutely none, viruses and it will NEVER EVER fail on you.

So may I suggest the Macbook Pro to you? :D

Dont ever go with HP or Dell because it slows down sooo much in such a short period of time. While other companies make compoopers, we make actual user-friendly computers and laptops.

I am definitely not saying you should 100% get it. Its up to you in the end

Have fun choosing and I wish you good luck :)

Source(s): Father is a Mac making facilities manager...plus i own like 50 macs haha

As with any computer, it's a matter of personal preference.

I would go with a Dell, one with large hard drive capacity.

But my needs are different then yours. I not only wright

but also do video editing.

In the end it's your choice.