Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

In marriage:would you consider chatting with other sex as cheating?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Chatting is what you do with your mate or husband. You treat your mate the way you want to be treated. You don't care if your husband is "chatting" with other women? If not then I guess you both have an open relationship. But otherwise chatting leads to more - everytime. You chat innocently and soon one of you wants to meet the other or you offer personal info out to that person soon you have a big problem on your hands. That is why chatting is not good when your married. An yes it's cheating in my book.

• 10 years ago

Chatting-- of course not. Half the world is the opposite sex.

And what about all the bi-curious people? Should the be just limited to their spouse, their family and people over 80?

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Depends on how often and what is being said. If its anything sexual in nature or anything you would not say/do with your spouse standing behind you then YES its cheating.

Both hubby and I talk to opposite sex on FB - and we can watch the conversation any time without problems.

• 10 years ago

It depends on a lot of things.

What are they chatting about?

How often?

Has the person has ever lied to their spouse about talking with this other person?

Is it a person they once had a relationship with?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

cheating is sorta relative. it rather is straining your relationship. you do no longer say if he's flirting, or speaking "grimy" or out and out having orgasms. to three those differences could count, to others they won't. If I have been you, i does not undertaking plenty relating to the "cheating" and undertaking greater approximately if my desires have been met and if he became going to go away. And to what quantity could desire to you be doing something distinctive to develop the relationship. My solutions to the above could then make certain how a good number of a stink i could intend to make relating to the internet and/or leaving the relationship.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No! That's ridiculous!

It makes no difference what sex they are. As long as they aren't talking about relationship-like things like having sex/ kissing etc...

But then again they could even do that with the same sex.

Don't be paranoid.

• 10 years ago

Not necessarily cheating... but leading up to it.... I think typically that sort of problem stems from either a bad or non existent sex life in the marriage, to something exciting and sneaky. Can be a marriage destroyer for sure

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

In order for the criteria to be met, two conditions must be satisfied:

1. Conversations must be overtly sexual in nature

2. Infidelity must be a dealbreaker within the marital relationship

• 10 years ago

it would completely depend on what you are chatting about, do either of you have feelings you shouldnt have, and is it in a flirting manner.

• 10 years ago

It depends...exactly what are you chatting about?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.