Honda odyssey recall?

I have a 2000 Honda odyssey ex and I am having problematic with the sliding doors & the transmission. Those are the same 2 problems that the vans have been recalled for. I called the honda dealer where I bought the car from and ask them if my van is on the list for recall and they said no. Why would they say that? if my car has those problems. what could or should I do about my car?

• bo
    Favorite Answer

still have the owners manual then in the back honda 800 number for honda corporate ask them. yes honda had a recall problem is you might be out of time for this recall since non emergency recalls are dated

• ?

There was a recall for the latch on the sliding door but not on the transmission. There was an extended warranty on the transmission for certain models, ultimately covering 93 months or 109K miles (see second source). All 2000 Odysseys are beyond that period based on months.