how to get rid of diaper rash?

my 3 month old has a very bad diaper rash, she is in a lot of pain. screams everytime she is touched and when her diaper is changed. how can i get rid of it fast?

• Favorite Answer

Buy some A&D ointment, they sell it at any pharmacy it works wonders, I use it when I get chaffed from playing rugby.

• Katie

Don't use baby wipes. Use plain water. If possible, use a bulb syringe and just rinse it off, then pat dry with a tissue. Give her a warm bath with baking soda in it 3 times per day. Give her as much time without a diaper or cream as possible, preferably outside if it is warm for a few minutes in the sun. Change her as soon as she is wet or dirty. With every diaper change, use a thick white cream - I like the natural Boudroux Butt Paste in the green tube - and then cover that with A&D ointment as a barrier to keep the urine and poop from touching the skin. if it is really bad and those things don't clear up in 3 days it may be a yeast rash, so use lotrimin cream (from the grocery store for athletes foot or jock itch - don't need a specific baby kind) three times per day instead of the other creams. Also, consider a probiotic for the baby. Culturelle makes a gluten and dairy free powder you can mix with either milk or water. If that doesn't work or the rash is bleeding or flaking, call your doctor.

Leave her undiapered as much as possible to let air get to the area. Also apply a diaper cream such as Desitin, A&D, etc. If it doesn't start to look better very soon I'd take her to the doctor. My son had a yeast infection that looked like a really bad diaper rash. It went away very quickly with a prescription cream.

I have been using 100% Pure, Moroccan, Argan Oil to treat diaper rash and the results are fantastic. I use Essence Of Argan which is probably the finest Argan Oil on the market, www.essenceofargan.com - the oil is full of omegas 3, 6, 9 and loaded with Vitamin E which works wonders on delicate, irritated skin. I treat the touchey lightly after each changing and also use Essence of Argan, in the baby's bath.

Source(s): www.essenceofargan.com

Do not use baby wipes right now hon. Those are really bad when the little one has a diaper rash!.....I never use a baby wipe of my daughter unless she poo's. She gets a bath every night so she doesnt need her butt wiped down all the time. This alone will stop diaper rash.

But for now, try using destine....I LOVE THAT STUFF. It starts working right away!

Don't use wipes. Just use a squirt bottle and squirt water on her to clean her off. Also, if you have one of those matress protector pads, put in on the floor and place her on it for tummy time without a diaper. Also pile on either Desatin or Bordeaux's Butt Paste and either Vasiline or A&D ointment over it. Poor baby. Hope she feels better soon!

CALENDULA GEL it's a homeopathic, all natural gel that is FABULOUS! It's meant for scrapes and burns but works wonders on diaper rash, or if babies neck creases get red, etc. You can probably find it at a health food store, or also online from a company called Boironusa.com

A&D Ointment & before you put her diaper on after using the wipe let her bottom air out.

Penaten and cornstarch mixed together heals diaper rash fairly quickly.