Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Do You Think That The Bank Of England Should Lower Interest Rates?

Best of all put interests rates to 0% like japan and let people have some little money to spend !!

UK Do You Think That The Bank Of England Should Lower Interest Rates?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Primarch is soooo wrong and insensitive!! Yes, drop them - reason - if rates go up repossessions would soar, less money in the economy etc. I understand savers are struggling but from a personal point of view - I lost my job over 18 months ago, I don't claim, have no partner or kids and I have managed to continue paying my mortgage purely because rates are low. I have no other debts, live frugally but would definitely go under if rates went up before I can get someone to damned well employ me, and it isn't for lack of trying!

financial situations are produced from a basket of distinctive levers of administration and interets costs are in basic terms one. Inflation is a length component and severe inflation reasons instability interior the markets, hence an interest fee decrease which might help human beings to have extra disposable earnings might doubtlessly gas inflation and reason a extra lack of self assurance interior the united kingdom economy. the problem hence is that with the intention to maintain up loan funds etc human beings will ask for opay rises which will in turn gas inflation and hello presto back to sq. one. In my humble a point customary economics opinion (very low grade!!) the respond may well be to take living house fees out of the inflation basket and decrease costs of interest for present working loan products in basic terms. which could recommend in case you have taken a stupid load to purchase a Ferrari then thats too undesirable, in case you cant shop up the money then you definately might desire to sell it, yet to maintain human beings roofs over their heads mortgages stay much less costly. problem with that's that the banks borrow funds from one yet another globally so as that they may well be borrowing at one fee yet lending on a similar or a decrease one. no longer solid enterprise.

No.

Low interest rates reward people in debt but they hurt sensible people that had savings or pensions.

So if you want to rob from pensioners to fund the feckless drop the interest rate.

What's this got to do with 9/11? :)