Does it seem like its hip to be crazy?

These days? It seems all of the younger folks have some sort of anxiety/eating/depression/PTSD/OCD/ADHD/add/panic/fibromyalgia etc etc etc disorder. I have a younger friend when I say younger I mean in her late 20's who has "panic attacks" when going over bridges. The woman has kids and a husband... show more These days? It seems all of the younger folks have some sort of anxiety/eating/depression/PTSD/OCD/ADHD/... etc etc etc disorder.

I have a younger friend when I say younger I mean in her late 20's who has "panic attacks" when going over bridges.
The woman has kids and a husband yet she shakes and cries as if her toenails were being removed when she drives over a bridge.
It's ridiculous and I'm sure her kids will grow up acting in the same retarded fashion.
Sometimes she even vomits in a bag.
Bq: fibromyalgia, real or made up?
Update: I take Prozac for my Pms. I go crazy for a few weeks out of the month. Its nothing that I tell people, I prefer to keep my shame to myself. I think people think its ok to be weak these days, we're creating a society of wimps. If you can't cope get help. Don't just complain and whine about it. If you are... show more I take Prozac for my Pms. I go crazy for a few weeks out of the month. Its nothing that I tell people, I prefer to keep my shame to myself. I think people think its ok to be weak these days, we're creating a society of wimps.
If you can't cope get help. Don't just complain and whine about it. If you are depressed get out of bed and do something.
Update 2: Its not pretty Bill, not pretty at all. She has to drive in the center lane she clutches the wheel and pants. It's pathetic once I drove and I tried to go in the outer lane and she cried. Not quiet tears, mind you. Loud exaggerated cries. I wanted to slug her. It's not that I don't believe in mental illnesses... show more Its not pretty Bill, not pretty at all. She has to drive in the center lane she clutches the wheel and pants. It's pathetic once I drove and I tried to go in the outer lane and she cried. Not quiet tears, mind you. Loud exaggerated cries. I wanted to slug her.

It's not that I don't believe in mental illnesses or these disorders, I just feel like people don't take them seriously.
OCD is more than just being clean and neat. Panic attacks are more than just irrational fears, anxiety is more than just worrying.