Dreams about ex-boyfriend and his new wife.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Lately, I have been dreaming about my ex boyfriend from 4 years ago. In my dream, my DH and I are on an exotic vacation, and in the middle of it my ex shows up. He and his new wife ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
There is no need to worry, Stephanie.

Those memories of your ex will always be buried somewhere in your mind. Probably something occurred recently that reminded you of your ex - it might be a place you visited with him, or you might have seen an old movie that you'd first seen with him... it could even have been a snippet of music or an odor that you did not notice with your conscious mind. Whatever it was, it triggered the old memories, which caused the first dream. "Stepping over" the other couple is a metaphor illustrating the fact that those memories have affected your present relationship, and it is time to "get over" them.

That first dream bothered you, and you began wondering why you had that dream, and still more memories came to mind. THAT brought up the second dream along with feelings of guilt and regret.

The meaning of the dreams, especially the second dream, is that you have matured enough to see this past relationship from a better, more rational perspective. You are a different person than you were then, with more insight and understanding. This is an opportunity to forgive yourself, accept your past, and celebrate the good choices you have made since then. Congratulations on your love and strong marriage - very well done!

Source:

More examples and explanations on the way dreams communicate: http://starrdreams.com/gpage.html

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thank you! That was such an insightful response. I feel so much better now. Reading through a few of your comments you mentioned that something may have occurred to remind me of my ex. I can see those things now, lol. Also, the stepping over explanation makes sense! Thank you so much!
  • 1
  • Comment
Sign In 

to add your answer

No other answers

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock