Converted Muslim can marry Muslim women?

okay i am a converted muslim from christianity.and i love EVERYTHING about Islam. i have been talking to this Arabic Women for 2 years. and me and her are deeply in love.but she says she cannot marry me unless i am Arabic. is this true? also can i also marry any other Muslim women? i am of 2nd Generation Puerto rican-American. i hope that doesn't play a factor in it as well.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Of course!

A Muslim is a Muslim, it doesn't say in the Qu'ran you can only marry people from your race....the prophet said in his final sermon....

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

You can marry any Muslim woman you want, don't be put off by all Arab women either, not all of them are that racist, and they only make up 18% of the Muslim population so there's plenty more fish in the sea lol....and MashaAllah for reverting :D

Assalamualaikum

• Amira
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

YES , a muslim woman can marry a convert, A Muslim convert is equal to any other Muslim in the eyes of the Holy Qur'an. Furthermore, a convert has more advantages than a born Muslim for two reasons: 1- A convert deserves a bigger reward from God than a born Muslim. A convert becomes a Muslim usually after a great deal of research and some psychological crisis, because changing religion is not an easy task. It takes a great deal of courage and effort on the part of the convert, while a born Muslim receives his religion by inheritance. 2- A convert is considered, by his conversion to Islam, pure and free of any previous sin. All his previous sins are wiped out entirely. He will be responsible only for the sins which he commits after becoming a Muslim. Thus, if a person becomes a Muslim in the early morning, after sunrise, then he dies before noon, he is entitled to enter paradise without having practiced or performed any of the devotional duties which a Muslim is required to do. He did not have to perform morning prayer because his conversion to Islam took place after sunrise, nor did he have to perform the noon prayer because he did not live until noon, the prayer time.

• 8 years ago

Shes wrong. We are not supposed to differentiate by color or race, we are all brothers and sisters in Islam and you can marry any Muslim girl you wish if she wants it too. Maybe she or her family prefer an Arab? For example, I'm Pakistani/French and my parents prefer me to marry a Pakistani guy because it is easier in that the culture is the same; however, i am not limited to only Pakistanis. I can choose to marry any Muslim from any race.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

what she say have nothing to do with Islam its just a tradition and culture of the country Arab world is big and every country have different culture...she say she have to marry only Arab that mean you have a chance some country want from same country only and some want same clan only that sad because some people confuse Islam with culture...but you have chance go ask her father show him you are good Muslim and can take care of her remind him what Allah say in Qur'an..promise him you wont harm her ...some parent are scared to send there daughter overseas alone with no one if she have a problem with you what will happen to her there alone so don't blame them ...

pray and ask Allah to help you trust Allah...believe me if they refuse that mean Allah want the best for you keep your faith and you will find your match

i hope you will marry your love and be happy ...

May Allah grant you success

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In islam , a muslim can marry a woman of any other faith, christian, jew except if she is a non believer. However, arabic might be conservative against marrying their women to other races.

• Moona
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

yes sure you can,she refused to marry u because of her culture this is has nothing to do with Islam,there's no difference between a converted Muslim and other Muslims.

• Amanda
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A Muslim is only graded in Islam by their piety. The only thing at play here is her family's racism.

• Melkor
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

There's no rule in the civilized world against it, my friend. As long as she loves you back, you can marry (Oh yeah, and if you don't mind eloping if she has crazy hyper-orthodox parents).

Tell her this: Ask her if she truly loved you, would it matter? Tell her all she means to you and what you've done together, all that she means to you. If she's won over, propose as romantically and creatively, or nostalgically, as possible.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hypothetically YES

But you're already experiencing the bitter truth of reality

Peace

Source(s): In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

she is wrong. A Muslim is a Muslim. Doesn't matter what race you are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.