Sam asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Political poll - Do you approve of the job Obama is doing as president?

It pains me to say this, because I supported him from the very beginning of his presidential bid in 2007 and I still consider him to be a genuine and intelligent person, but I just can't look past his shortcomings anymore. He is the executive authority of a system that is deeply, deeply corrupted. I knew, even as far back as 2008 when I was 100% behind his bid for presidency, that one person couldn't single-handedly alter America's situation, and I knew he'd have to compromise on many of his campaign promises. With every poor decision he's made, I would mentally justify it by considering the political context, especially the fact that he's facing a rabid opposition who will stop at nothing to see him fail. But this excuse becomes moot when you point out that many of Washington's worst shortcomings are coming straight from the White House - some of which have nothing to do with congress! I've been cutting Obama a lot of slack from the very beginning, and I've always been a very staunch supporter of his presidency, but I just can't look past the fact that nothing has really changed in America since he took office. Even though he didn't cause any of the problems the country is facing, he hasn't done as much to alleviate the issues as he could have. Progress has stagnated under his presidency. While I can't say I completely disapprove of the job he's done, I have to be honest and say that my enthusiasm has dwindled.

How about you?

@Ben Goldberg - I am aware of everything you've mentioned, and that is why I still have some confidence in Obama's abilities as leader of the U.S.

@A :) - Whoever said he was?

Favorite Answer

While I will say that Obama has never taken as strong a stand as I would have liked on issues, and he has given in to pressure too often, I would say he is doing fairly well as president. The stimulus created 3.5 million jobs, and he has measured positive job growth almost every month of his presidency. Unemployment has dropped from over 10% to just above 9%, and health care and wall street reform has taken place. Osama was also killed. I refer to these positives whenever I worry about his performance. As such, I would rate him as net successful in his presidency thus far.

• Stymie

I approve of the job President Obama is doing and I will vote for him again.

Yes.

Has he done everything I had hoped? No. But considering the circumstances and what he walked into I think he's done an admirable job.

No. Hes awful and the numbers dont lie.

But I'm republican and I saw through the charlatan before he was even the democratic candidate.

The only thing that I approve of with 0bummer is he will be one & done.

• teagan

Absolutely not!

lemme say this as simply as possible: he NEVER was a "Messiah" & NEVER will be.

Source(s): im not a moron

Does "HELL NO" cover it?

• J

no