expanding my electrical career?

hi, i am an electrican with 12 yrs experince within domestic/commercial/industrial industries.

I am at the stage where i am thinking of my future career and would like to add more strings to my bow.

But i dont really know what courses are out there, and which ones would make me more attractive to employers?

I was thinking about going for the explosive atmosphere ticket and maybe the 2391, any help would be much appreciatted.

Update:

I am based in the UK.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Electrical engineering degrees combine engineering science and mathematics, along with physics to educate students in the development and maintenance of electrical systems. Students learn through academic coursework, research and field experiences. An electrical engineering degree includes courses in instrumentation and circuits, electromagnetics, digital design theory, circuit analysis, computer engineering and signal processing.

Electrical Engineer

An electrical engineer is responsible for designing and developing the electrical equipment used in everyday life. Opportunities are available for these engineers to create power and communications systems, manufacturing devices and electronic motors. Professionals in this field must have strong critical thinking skills and be able to recognize the strengths and weakness in a project, and come up with alternative solutions if necessary. As of 2008, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median salary for electrical engineers was $82,160 per year.

Project Engineer

Electrical engineers may receive promotional opportunities as project engineers. Project engineers oversee the work of engineers and technicians in the development of electrical engineering devices. These engineers monitor activities to ensure projects are within budget and on schedule. Additional responsibilities include facilitating communication between engineers and designers, evaluating performance, assigning duties, and assisting in modifications. As of 2011, PayScale.com reports that project engineers in the 25th-75th percentile earned a salary from $57,500 to $84,400 per year.

Broadcast Engineer

Graduates of an electrical engineering degree program have the opportunity to pursue a career as a broadcast engineer. A broadcast engineer is responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing the electrical systems used in film, television and radio. Duties of broadcast engineers include ensuring that programs are taped or broadcast on time, performers or reporters can be heard, and cameras are operating in the correct format. As of 2011, SimplyHired.com shows that broadcast engineers earned an average salary of about $62,000 per year.

Circuit Design Engineer

Circuit design engineering is considered a sub-discipline of electrical engineering and focuses on the interconnections of electrical systems and devices. Professionals in this field focus on the microcircuits and microprocessors that allow these mechanisms to operate. Responsibilities of circuit designer engineers include testing circuits, debugging malfunctions, creating circuit layouts and designing analog circuits. Indeed.com reports that in 2011, circuit design engineers earned an average salary of about $92,000 per year.

Criminal Records For Freewww.BeenVerified.

Read more: Jobs that Require an Electrical Engineering Degree | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7998343_jobs-require-elec...

• 4 years ago

it fairly is stable in case you savour doing the artwork of electric engineers no occupation is stable in case you hate artwork daily electric engineering, like assorted the engineering fields has some good factors like stable pay, many diverse varieties of jobs, possibilities to visit administration or different alterations, etc yet interior the top, the problem is, are you able to savour it (no longer all the products of prevalent, all jobs have stuff to hate, thats why they pay you, yet assorted the time are you able to savour maximum of it)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.