I get so much Spam email at work and no one can figure out why.?

I did an internet search for the Russian plane crash and 2 minutes later I had 3 spam emails about planes. I use Windows Live email. Can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

You get a lot of spam from promotional websites. If you use a service like Mermailer.com, your personal email address is protected. Not to mention the fact that you can receive the same promotional emails all in one summary email, as opposed to each one individually

Most spam comes from giving our your email address for example in exchange for free software, or to access a website for free. Always use a Hotmail or yahoo email address in those situations. Most companies or email platforms have adjustable spam filters, which can dramatically reduce the amount of spam. Also if someone has a virus on their pc and they have your email address in their contacts their email could be sending you spam several times a day until the virus is removed.