Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

What do feminists think about the female Yahoo CEO that was fired?

I'm just curious about feminists' thoughts on Carol Bartz being fired as CEO - and then being replaced by a man.

Do they automatically think it's sexist? Or do they keep the possibility in their mind that perhaps she wasn't living up to the corporation's standards?

• Joop
    Favorite Answer

Dont be silly, this isnt sexist.

If the Yahoo board was sexist, why would they give the top role to a woman in the first place?

She had 2 and a half years to lead the company. She did a crappy job and Yahoo are now pretty badly positioned. She deserved to be fired for it.

I don't think that it has anything to do with sexism -- why would I? There is any number of reasons why a CEO could be fired, especially in this day and age.

I would read the article I linked. It tells you a lot about it.

Yahoo is having trouble staying ahead of Google and Facebook. Maybe they thought that she wasn't effective. But they fired her over the phone ... maybe she was wheeling and dealing in a corrupt fashion ... I haven't a clue. That is a pretty fast decision.

If a black guy was fired, would you jump on the race bandwagon?

I don't know the full story. But if a person isn't up to doing the job, fire them. Regardless of gender. Or the gender of the person who replaces them.

What's the big deal? I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

There aren't any feminists online, or not much.

Stop picking fights with regular females.

At this particular time, the ATTRACTIVE girls are online. Feminists come online during the P.M time.

DON'T CHASE AWAY THE HOT GIRLS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE HERE!

that other answer is f*cken funny XD