How to avoid bruising when going paintballing?

I'm going to play paintball for my very first time next weekend and normally I wouldn't mind bruising, except for the fact that i have a formal event to attend the weekend after and I don't think big patches of purple and blue would look too great on me for that night..

What are some great ways to avoid bruising? I bruising inevitable? Any other tips? THANKS!!!

Favorite Answer

Paintballs weigh a couple grams and fly at around 200-300 feet per second. If shot from a far distance, the paintball loses most of its momentum and just bounces off you, so be sure to check whether it actually broke on you. The rule at my field is the paint has to be at least a quarter sized amount in order to be out. If you do not know where you got hit, ask a ref or teammate for a paint check.

For clothing you can just wear 3 layers of bad shirts with the worst being on the outside. When/if you gain more confidence or it becomes to hot, you can just peel them off. Regular jeans and some cleats are fine. You can wear some old pair of shoes if you don't have any running ones.

Most of my bruises come from running into objects on the field or scrapping my arms/legs. So as long as you are not too over crazy, you should be fine. Paintballs will leave marks if they break on your skin, so I would recommend long sleeve shirts.

As far as tips for while playing, just remember to always be looking around the field. You want to know what is happening at all times. It also helps you to scout out good routes across the field to better cover, etc. When peeking out of cover, be sure to ALWAYS have your marker (paintball gun) up. I can't tell you the number of times I was too late bringing my marker up to aim at someone and missed the shot. Follow the rules they tell you at the beginning and you should do okay with the refs. No back talking or shooting the refs, but accidents do happen XD.

Paintball guns are not the most accurate things. I would recommend shooting it a couple times to get the feel of where the paint goes. You will want to take your time and aim before shooting. Spraying paint can get lucky hits as well but is not really recommended. Taking your time and moving to better spots in order to get a better angle on your target works much better.

Hope this helped and have fun out there.

Source(s): 3 years paintball experience
  • riopel

Paintball Bruises

• Caroll

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/vy1uo

Doesn't hurt that bad. If you go to an actual paintball field, they check everyone's gun velocity so no one is shooting hot. Shooting hot means shooting above the legal velocity limit, which is 300 fps, or above the field's allowable limit, which is usually 285 fps, but rentals are preset by the field to something lower, like 250-ish. It's also more of a surprise than initial pain. And as many veterans would tell you, it hurts the pride more than the body. Some hits can leave welts, depends on distance, whether it breaks or bounces, where on your body it hits & how easily you personally bruise. Some places offer padded vests, that's probably all you'll get. It's still a lot of fun, regardless of any welts you may get afterwards. Wear pants, long sleeves and a hat or headwrap to keep sweat out of your eyes & to keep the mask from slipping. Don't bother layering up because added layers will decrease your mobility and you need to move around a lot to get good angles and AVOID getting shot.

• Diana

Well, it depends on what you wear. If your going with a T-shirt, it will be a little sore. It's like being pinched. BUT, it goes away after 4-6 seconds. In the heat of a paintball match, your adrenaline will be pumping so hard you'll probably not even feel it. If you're sensitive or worried I recommend taking a long-sleeved pullover. Bruises? Naw, dude. Unless it's military style stuff, you'll be fine! Try it, it's an awesome sport.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are some...

Source(s): avoid bruising paintballing: https://biturl.im/fH7Xo

apart from adam's brilliant answer wear thick clothing. the bruises actually do go away quite rapidly. jeans are ok for the legs. obviously wear head gear. hoodies are good but dont wear too much upper body stuff or you'll just limit your movement. you might wanna find something to cover your neck. you dont wanna look like you have a hickey during that formal event.

Source(s): love paintballing.

dont get shot