I VOTE
I VOTE asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Should Sodomy Be a Crime Like Rick Perry Wants it to be?

Lawrence v. Texas is a landmark United States Supreme Court case. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas in 2003.

Sodomy is Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults.

The effect of Lawrence v. Texas was erasing laws throughout the United States that made it a crime to have anal and oral sex between 2 consenting adults acting in private. Both heterosexual and Gay.

At the time in 2003 Thirteen States had Laws on the Books Against Oral and Anal Sex for 2 consenting Adults.- Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas.

PERRY WAS A STRONG SUPPORTER OF TEXAS’S ANTI-SODOMY LAWS: Perry was a strong proponent of Texas’s anti-sodomy law that was struck down in 2003 by the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas.

Calling the law “appropriate,” Perry dismissed the Court decision as the result of “nine oligarchs in robes.” Even after being struck down, Perry supported the Texas legislature’s refusal to remove the law from its books.

Do You Support Rick Perry saying Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults Should be a Crime??????????

Favorite Answer

No, I like sodomy

Here are 5 reasons why Perry sucks

1) The debt in Texas is out of control under Perry. From 2001 to 2010, state debt alone grew from $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion. That's an increase of a whopping, 281%.

2) Perry is extremely soft on immigration, especially for a Conservative in the Conservative state of Texas. Perry opposed Arizona's immigration law and even supports amnesty for the millions of illegals.

3) Texas has one of the worst education systems in the country. 49th in SAT scores and 36th in the nation in high school diploma rates.

4) Almost all of the job growth in Texas over the past few years has been from the spike in oil prices. Something Rick Parry has no control over, and other states could not replicate, yet he takes credit for it.

5) Perry was a registered Democrat up until 1989 and even supported Al Gore in 1988. So while everyone calles Romney a "RINO", at least Romney can say that he was never a Democrat.

I'm just asking that you look long and hard at Perry because in reality, he's one of the worst governors in Texas history.

Some laws are in place as statements of morality. Would you think it still morally wrong if The Feds declared polygamy/bigamy laws unconstitutional? If pedophilia was as powerfully and loudly fought for and propagandized as normal? The Pedophile Agenda? Taught in schools? What old man would you like to marry little Jenny? Yech.....

OK, flag me report me I don't care My IMHO......

Perry's position always has been that such matters are for the States to decide Not the Feds. The People of Texas placed that law on the books. The Supreme Court nullified the People's and The State's decision. Just as Nevada decided prostitution and gambling is AOK in their State. I'd expect Nevadan's would feel violated too. If the Feds stepped in against that.

Should murdering unborn children be okay like Obama wants it to be?

Should taking property from one person and giving it to another be okay like obama wants it to be?

If you were educated, you would understand that some laws are helpful to law enforcement, no matter how archaic they may seem. If a court can prove sodomy but cannot prove the murder that ensued from it, the bad guy goes away for the sodomy.

If you were educated, you would know this law is not enforced between consenting adults.

But you are an obamatron; spewing the same, tired talking points of the left.

• Hobbit

No.

Perry, by this position, reveals himself to be a religous fanatic determined to impose his views on the rest of us.

We don't need sharia law in the U.S. -- neither the "Christian" nor the Muslim version. And that is what Perry wants.

Should sodomy be a crime at the federal level? Absolutely not! Should states be allowed to pass their own laws regarding sodomy? Yes. I am a strong supporter of states' rights and I believe that states should be allowed to regulate whatever they want. Lawrence v. Texas was a direct infringement on states' rights and a usurpation of federal authority. What the state of Texas decides to regulate is their business and I respect their sovereignty as a state to regulate sexual conduct if they so choose.

If THAT's Perry's "Idea" of "smaller Government"- I'd hate to see what ELSE He has up His Sleeves !! :o

Lol, no. I'm a Republican and also a Rick Perry fan. But that doesn't mean that I believe in everything he or any Republican says.

Um, I fail to see how any law should be put in place mandating what people do with their rectums..

• I don't really care, since the only time they will catch someone doing that is in public.