How can I open a camera raw file (cr2) from my Canon t3i with Photoshop cs3?

I'm not able to open raw files in cs3. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my new camera (canon t3i) or the version of photoshop that I have. How can I check what version of adobe raw I have or even if I do have it. I know it was supposed to come with cs3, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Update: Nahum, If I convert the RAW files to TIFF, am I still reaping the benefits of RAW over JPEG. I am shooting in a way that saves my images as both RAW and JPEG files. So, I can open my images in Photoshop, I'm just not able to reap the benefits of RAW (little or no degradation of image quality with editing). It... show more Nahum,

If I convert the RAW files to TIFF, am I still reaping the benefits of RAW over JPEG. I am shooting in a way that saves my images as both RAW and JPEG files. So, I can open my images in Photoshop, I'm just not able to reap the benefits of RAW (little or no degradation of image quality with editing). It seems like my best bet should probably be to use the Canon Digital Professional Editor program that came with the T3i. And then maybe open in photoshop after that. What do you think? Thanks!
Update 2: Nahum, If I convert the RAW files to TIFF, am I still reaping the benefits of RAW over JPEG. I am shooting in a way that saves my images as both RAW and JPEG files. So, I can open my images in Photoshop, I'm just not able to reap the benefits of RAW (little or no degradation of image quality with editing). It... show more Nahum,