Anonymous

why mormons look so nordic compared to your average white american?

Why mormons look so nordic/germanic, usually tall blond haired blue eyed and sharp featured compared to your average white america who is likely 5'10 and more brown haired , round faced and far from the nazi aestherical ideal?

Best Answer

I don't think your description is totally accurate.

A lot of LDS converts where from England, and also from North Europe, Sweden, Norway, Iceland etc.

When the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was asked which of them had Norwegian or Swedish ancestry, over half stood up.

Mormons are the most genetically diverse population in the World. Genetic diversity is a good thing, for the opposite reason that marrying cousins is a bad thing genetically speaking.

If you were to go to New Zealand you would see a lot of Mormons who are part Maori and part English, that is a very common mixture for Mormons there. So really to a certain extent it depends on what part of the World you are talking about.

The farther away people marry from common genetic ancestors the better, because they will be less likely to get birth defects and so forth.

Latter Day Saints are converted one here one there, not like other religions who simply were converted not through reasoning of any kind, but rather because that was the official state religion where they derive their ancestry from.

But it is very common for a person to have Nordic ancestry, Iceland, Norway etc., and English ancestry by those who are Mormons who live in the Rocky Mountain area, Utah, Wyoming, etc.

Dereck Hough and Julianne Hough are a typical example of this. They are part English, and part North West European in their ancestry. I don't know if that helps them with their dancing on Dancing With The Stars, but they tend to dominate, when they are on that Television dance show.

More than that though is the Spirit that devout Mormons have. This causes Mormon men and women to have a shine about them, that is very peculiar. And there is more than one person who has had some LDS missionaries visit their house, who has commented that they have felt very very good, surprisingly good, in fact.

So that is something to consider as well. Namely the light of Christ that shines from the countenance of those who keep the commandments of Jesus Christ, and who have the commandments of Jesus Christ engraven on their consciousness which is what THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints is all about facilitating.

The same light that shined in Jesus Christ, shines in devout Mormons as well. And an observant person can see that for themselves, or at least feel that, for themselves, in their heart.

God bless.

Actually, sweetie, the majority of Mormons are Hispanic and don't even live in the U.S. Last I checked, Hispanics don't typically have blond hair.

Sometimes stereotypes exist for a reason, but this isn't one of them. Next time, check the facts first.

This is a misperception. Millions of Mormons are descended from Native Americans. There are as many Spanish speaking Mormons as there are English speaking Mormons.

Mormons are a religious group. There white, black, and Polynesian mormons. In the Mormon churches I have gone to, majority of the congregation are brunettes and look like "average white americans."

Lots of the first mission trips were to England, Sweden.. those parts. My family is descended from both. I dont have sharp features though. Or light hair. But dang brotha do I have the light skin and eyes. :D

The more recent missionary trips are all over, but for a while there many many were going to Brazil, anywhere in south America actually. There are many Polynesians. If you put us all in one room together you would see a huge variance in appearance, but as it is you just happen to see most of the oldies around the mountain region. The pioneer peeps.

I'm hispanic american. I'm not blonde hair, blue eyed. I'm lovely dark brown color :) I get alittle shy about my skin tone. On account that i'm surrounded by a bunch of fair skinned people.

Most early mormon ancestors were European immigrants. Most mormons intermarried each other. It's their genes. I'm of mormon pioneer ancestry, white, 5'11 (and shrinking), was blonde, have green eyes, and remain very sharp. And was also once a mormon. l was hoping to change to black once out of the church--according to their threats as I walked out the door, but alas, it didn't happen. I would have enjoyed being black. The culture is fascinating and enriched with a wonderfully diverse and strong heritage. Right up my alley.

Because missionaries that went to Norway, Sweden, Germany and England converted members overseas and they were commanded to migrate to the US.

The mormons are made of excellent racial stock. Mormon chicks are so hot and mormons are such nice and upstanding people. I would convert to mormonism if their theology wasn't so stupid.