Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 8 years ago

Why is it that I jacked the toyota fj and removed the bolts and can't get the tire off any suggestions?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • roger
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

get ahold of each side of the tire and push and pull opposite sides and loosen it up. you dont knock it of the jack but you should have jack stands in the vehicle so one can go under the acle. sometimes you have to show the tire and rim who is in control.

• 8 years ago

Perhaps the wheel is a bit frozen in place. Try spraying some liquid wrench thru the holes where the studs come thru the wheel. Use the red plastic tube that comes with the can to concentrate the spray on those areas only. Let things sit for 10 minutes or so then try to work the wheel loose by giving the tire a few good thumps with your palm and work your way around it doing so.

• 3 years ago

Had a flat on the front left tire. Took the 6 lug nuts out. Wheel/tire wouldn t come off. Took the center cover off and then a brown cover off. Saw the axil with a cotter pin through it and that the axil was bolted to the wheel with a 2" bolt nut. Got the cotter pin out ok, but didn t have a tool to get the 2" nut off. I put the tire back on, filled the flat with air and drove to the tire repair store. Without a tool to get that nut off, there s no way in hell you could change that flat!

• 8 years ago

And if what Rip said doesn't do it then with them loose drive it a few feet forward and back or drive in a circle or figure 8 to knock it loose.

On '93 Lincoln Continental with the alloy rims I once had to leave the lug nuts loose and suddenly yank the wheel to the right lock from straight while going about 15 MPH to get the driver's front broken loose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sounds like its rusted and stuck on.. Give the wheel a whack with a hammer, Preferably a rubber one and it should loosen it. And dont give it a heavy whack, Just slightly more than gently to loosen and remove the rust sticking to it.

• Van Bo
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If you can not remove the WHEEL, it is either tight or stuck to the hub with rust.

Source(s): trucks
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It might just be stuck, got to use some muscle some times.

• 8 years ago

Use a rubber mallet my saab is the same way

Source(s): Experience and i work on cars for a living
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.