Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Can you explain me what Bruce Lee meant by this?''The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.''?

Is this related to punching and kicking only,or im missing some deeper meaning ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • KD
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think hes talking about technique. In judo for example it is technique that is the most important. You can take down a huge opponent if you do the right technique.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Can you explain me what Bruce Lee meant by this?''The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.''?

Is this related to punching and kicking only,or im missing some deeper meaning ?

~~~ By 'effort' he meant ego involvement. Ego is 'thought'.

Thought/ego is considered a 'speed-bump' in the 'flow' (ultimate 'power source'), a 'kink' in the pipe, a rock in the river that the flowing water must flow around to continue. The water unfettered by rocks will flow faster and with more power!

Capisce'?

• 6 years ago

I think that it means-the less effort is NEEDED from you to do something,the more speed and power you can APPLY to it.Like if a straight punch requires 50kj of energy,and the max power you can put in the punch is 2000kj,then you will be wasting 50kj just to get the arm moving,so your punching power will be 1950kj.However,if you practiced the punch loads of times,and it's so easy that it takes only 1kj to execute the punch,then you can put 1999kj into the punch.That's why think though,maybe he meant something else.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

It is like water:

It flows through the shortest, easiest, simplest path to the source.

Source(s): Though there is effortless flight in zero g. One obtains absolute power when there is absolutely no resistance. The most powerful fighter has never lost a fight - as that fighter has never fought a battle. The war is already won in that warriors soul.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It means not trying to hard. Success takes patience to be achieved. Desperation and haste will lead you nowhere.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I

LOVE

MASTURBATING!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.