Imani asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

What is wrong with my camera?

Okay so I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z150 lime green digital camera. Every time I turn it on it says lens error turn off than the lens stay open and the zoomer (not sure what it is called) it stays pushed out instead of being drawn back in as in the camera being turned off. Then I push on/off button then it say it again and the lens and the zoomer completely close and someone tell me what is wrong?

Thanks but I probably just have to take it to a repair shop.

Favorite Answer

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try that may (or may not) correct it. They only seem to work for less than 40% of the lens errors, but if the camera is out of warranty (or repair cost approaches that of the camera), they're worth that try. Some of the later steps do involve some risk to the camera, so carefully weigh your options before deciding to conduct them:

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-le...

• seay

What megapixel is your digital camera? have all your pictures been like that? attempt cleanin the lens back and lookin at it to verify if there are any smudges or something, then in simple terms save takin pictures n checkin their high quality. I doubt its a placing thats the concern. desire this facilitates, if no longer, i think of its extra appropriate off in simple terms buyin a clean digital camera. Vasta

It has been dropped and the lens cover is slightly bent. When the camera detects resistance to its trying to close, it sends you that message, "lens error". When you turn it off and back on, it resets itself and sometimes the camera lens will clear and go ahead and close.