Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

Help on citizenship to Canada?

Hello I am an American citizen living in sunny California where we have beautiful women. However I want to move to Canada if Obama looses as our country will be destroyed if we have another tyrant such as Bush was. The economy/lack of medical reform+high rent isn't good either.

I am 21

I have an aunt who lives in Brittish Columbia

I am close to having an Associates degree

I speak english ( but not french :'()

Do you think I have a shot?

4 Answers

  • Jim B
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    your Aunt can't help you.

    Your education is a bit weak, a University 4 year degree would increase your "points score " and you don't have enough years of "actual working experience " ( at least five years ) to get extra points. The minimum score to be accepted by Canada, as a skilled worker is 67 out of 100 .

    Being uni-lingual ( English only ) is not a problem. You will need to pass a medical examination and have a completey clear FBI and State Police record. Have no major debts in the USA and no bankruptcies ,either.

    Here is the main Immigration Canada website. You are looking for a skilled worker visa.

    JIM B


  • 9 years ago

    An associates degree is a college diploma in Canada. You need work experience.

  • 9 years ago

    you have to qualify to immigrate so you need something to offer canada as in work skills.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.