I feel bad for my hermit crabs' stress?

Well the other day I was at Wildwood, NJ beach and they had hermit crabs you could buy so i bought 2. They had cages too, but they're really small and round. So i brought them home and filled the plates with food and water (apple, carrot, lettuce, etc.) and they won't budge. They just sit there. I... show more Well the other day I was at Wildwood, NJ beach and they had hermit crabs you could buy so i bought 2. They had cages too, but they're really small and round. So i brought them home and filled the plates with food and water (apple, carrot, lettuce, etc.) and they won't budge. They just sit there.
I heard that a common problem for hermit crabs is stress, and i might think that that's their problem. They're reeealy slow and lethargic, and they might eat just a little for like 10 seconds then just leave and go back to lay in their shell. Today i bathed them with all the right materials and water and stuff, and i thought maybe it would destress them, but it did nothing, They're now in their just as lethargic as ever.
I can't help but feel that the main source of their stress is that their cage is waaay too small, can someone pleeease help me destress them? I feel so guilty.