can chocolate really give someone a stomach ache.........?

My mom claims she can't stand chocolate it's too sweet and always gives her stomach ache!

but yet she eats white chocolate or anything vanilla??? Is she lying for attention about chocolate giving her a stomach ach?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

White chocolate isn't, by definition, chocolate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_chocolate

• Audrey
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

She could be slightly allergic to chocolate, and this is why she gets stomach aches. White chocolate would not affect her because it is not chocolate, only cocoa butter. I have a friend who is allergic to chocolate but can eat white chocolate. I don't know what happens when she eats chocolate (I don't think she's deathly allergic) but it could be a stomach ache.

Of course, yes, she could be lying for attention, but why would she?

• 9 years ago

white chocolate is not technically considered chocolate, something about cocoa in it. chocolate can give you a stomach ache, maybe she is allergic to it? whenever my sister eats chicken and rice she gets a stomach ache, so maybe it's just a bad reaction that your mother has to the chocolate. or maybe she just doesn't like it

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.