Dukota21 asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

My dog ate some pieces of wires a cable technician left behind.?

Yesterday (9/3/11) A cable technician came by to install cable and internet at my home. He was rude and inconsiderate, he threw his bags and the boxes by my front door causing all sorts of scratches on my floor and on the boxes. He emptied the contents of the modem bag onto the floor.....including the modem. When I asked him to PLEASE shut the door behind him so the AC wouldn't get out he slammed my doors every time the used them.....The worst park was that he cut a bunch of wires and left the little rings behind. I was completely unaware of this until my dog started throwing up these pieces. I went around my house and found about 8 of these little rings. A metal piece that goes to the back of the TV (the one you have to screw in) 2 bags (extreme choking hazard) and a longer piece of wire tucked under my dresser... My dog threw up TWICE when he should have not thrown up at all because of this guy! My partner and I were extremely stressed because we had no idea what was causing our puppy to throw up! What should I do about this! I have no idea how to handle a situation of this gravity.

She is sleeping a lot more than usual but when she plays with her brother she seems fine. She is eating properly and drinking plenty of water. She is on her normal pooping schedule. So I am not so alarmed. But on Monday I will be taking her to the vet just to make sure she is alright.

Favorite Answer

If you can at all get her to the vet today, I seriously recommend you do so. This is a very bad situation and needs to be addressed immediately.

If you can find a vet open today then I'd take your dog to be sure that all is okay. I had a similar experience recently with some workers. They weren't rude like yours were but just careless. They were over every day for a week (had to have the house rewired) and my dog is one of those that will swallow anything. One night he threw up about 5 times in a row. It was too late to get him to a regular vet and I didn't freak out too much because there was no blood in his vomit and he was still eating. I kept a really close eye on him and all was fine. I knew that because things came out normally on the other end and the next day he was perfectly fine - same energy level, eating, no more vomiting, etc. ....so the vomiting had done it's job and cleared out what needed to come out - without causing any internal damage.

Your best bet is to get to a vet who can take an x-ray to be sure that there is no blockage or internal harm. But if you can't do that now then look for other signs - if your dog recovers after the vomiting and behaves normally, eats and poos and no blood anywhere or lethargy then just keep a close eye. If there are any other symptoms or you don't see a quick recovery after vomiting find an emergency clinic or a vet who's "on guard" on Sundays and go there to be sure.

EDIT: Vomiting takes it out of you for a while and eating and pooping is a good sign. So fingers crossed the sleeping more is only because of the vomiting. Good that you'll be taking her to the vet to be sure on Monday though as you never know. Hope you do report their behavior in your house though - I'm not convinced that it will make a difference but if enough people would report this kind of thing I bet it would.

My technician did the same thing he also did not hook the cable to the TV and my Internet and cable are running terrible now. As for the pieces I didn't notice them. Until I found them in in one year old daughters mouth! The black piece yesterday morning, and last night the metal , and there not in the place where he installed either they are everywhere. I spent almost my whole night cleaning and inspecting my floors!!! I called to complain, I am more than livid right now! I would take ur dog to the vet. Just in case. I have heard the wiring can cut the intestines. He may also be tired from the vomiting, poor thing. Wishing u guys the best

Call the cable office on Tuesday, and explain what happened. In fact, go there in person. In any business that involves technicians working at your home, there is no place for people with attitudes like he has. Ask for 3 months of free service. If they refuse, threaten to sue them for all the damages to your floor, and vet bills for your dog (and make it clear that it will amount to much more than 3 months of service).

I would form a complaint and take your dog to the vet. Id also make sure the technician pays your vet bill.

u should take his to the vet. the wire could hurt his intestine and organs