Flashdisk problem: ╨╧╬═ ? what is that?

my father has two flashdisks, each 16 GB (Sandisk Cruzer) and 2 GB (Rundisk), both have the same problems. Both of them displays ╨╧╬═ (Cruzer) and ╨╧╬═ (Rundisk). And when i check both properties, it says that in cruzer, only 384kb space left and 48kb in Rundisk. Sorry for my english, but why they only have... show more my father has two flashdisks, each 16 GB (Sandisk Cruzer) and 2 GB (Rundisk), both have the same problems. Both of them displays ╨╧╬═ (Cruzer) and ╨╧╬═ (Rundisk). And when i check both properties, it says that in cruzer, only 384kb space left and 48kb in Rundisk.

Sorry for my english, but why they only have one shortcut, 0kb in size? i already used view hidden folders and the command attrib -s -h /s /d (or attrib -s -h -r /s /d), and the CHKDSK function. Is it because of ramnit? or malware?

again, sorry for my english. I'm exhausted from finding a fix for this you know.
Update: My fathers an air force officer, and i'm worried that there are important files in those flashdisk
Update 2: and i don't want to format it
3 answers