Was the Genesis flood world wide, or just limited to a small area around Noah's house?

I have asked a few questions concerning the flood, time lines, and asking why the Egyptians, just across the Sinai, were not wiped out. Some of the answers I have been getting are "It was just a local flood." "I don't think it was world wide". The only conclusion I can come to is... show more I have asked a few questions concerning the flood, time lines, and asking why the Egyptians, just across the Sinai, were not wiped out.

Some of the answers I have been getting are "It was just a local flood." "I don't think it was world wide".

The only conclusion I can come to is either these answerers are trying to justify something unjustifiable, or they are calling God a liar when he said:

Genesis 6-11 "Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth."

REPEAT: 13 "So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people"

God does NOT say: “I am going to put an end to the people in the local community, so I want you and your family to move to Egypt for a few months, and don't worry about taking any animals. "

Update: @Edward The Less: "Why is it you believe those of us that are Christians have all the answers?" This is an example, Edward, of Christians having NONE of the answers. No matter what half of them say, the other half says something different. Additionally, this is the one and only source Christians claim as evidence... show more @Edward The Less: "Why is it you believe those of us that are Christians have all the answers?"
This is an example, Edward, of Christians having NONE of the answers. No matter what half of them say, the other half says something different.
Additionally, this is the one and only source Christians claim as evidence for everything else they believe. If this has flaws in it (which, according to Christians, it DOES) then how can one attest to it's validity?
Finally, I am a firm believer in, if you do not like the question? Press the NEXT button.
Update 2: @Lulu: so why didn't the Egyptians die?
Update 3: @Believer: "Many archeologogists believe that the timeline of the Egyptians is greatly exagerated when you look at their written history.
Name 2.
Update 4: @12345: so why didn't the Egyptians die?
Update 5: @Eljefe Jajoe: so why didn't the Egyptians die?