Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Looking to connect with the Gay-Film --Industry in Montreal?

Hi

I am an emigrant in Quebec for many years now. Mostly from the Anglophone side.

I did study film in my own country.

I have my own camera, lights and I have my MAC and I do know to use the FCP.

I want to get involve with the Gay film industry in Montreal.

I want to work on my field and help my kind.

Mainly I want to make serious Gay films

But I can also be involved in the Adult-section. I find nothing wrong with adult films.

Every single time I place an ad on the " FILM – TV " column on Craig’s List they flag my ads.

So I decided to post here.

I know that Montreal is not Hollywood. But still some things should exist.

Unfortunately, it had been impossible for me to connect.

I would be grateful for any advice/suggestion.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Namito
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a Platinum life time member of the Seattle International Film Festival. Directors come to town for three weeks a year. Your city's schedule is August.

The goal of the Montreal World Film Festival (Montreal International Film Festival) is to encourage cultural diversity and understanding among nations, to foster the cinema of all continents by stimulating the development of quality cinema, to promote filmmakers and innovative works, to discover and encourage new talents, and to promote meetings between cinema professionals from around the world.

Good interpersonal skills and ease of communication are two desired assets. I suggest you study the program, study what films they have recently shown. There are directors working locally, and the film festival staff will know how to get in touch with the directors. You should just go and be where the film people are, and don't ask for directors contact info. If you volunteer you can be the person ferrying directors to and from the airport if you volunteer long enough.

For more information on the Montreal World Film Festival, continue browsing on our web site: www.ffm-montreal.org

Address :

World Film Festival

1432, de Bleury StreetMontreall Quebecc) Canada

H3A 2J1

Only the selected candidates will be contacted

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.