Ant Kotaku™ asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Point Guard vs. Point Guard? (2.0 Version)?

Just a redemption of my old one "Point Guard vs. Point Guard?" Question. The original will be below.

Chris Paul or Deron Williams

John Wall or Rajon Rondo

Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook

Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson

Steve Nash or John Stockton

Gary Payton or Isiah Thomas

Chauncey Billups or Allen Iverson

Also who are the top 5 PG's in the league today?

Do you have any suggestions on what PG's I should have in my next version?

Original:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Atvh_...

Because my team are the 76ers duh, they defeated us in the finals.

Best Answer

Chris Paul. I like Deron alot, but Chris Paul had a sub-par season last year. He will play better than D-Will next season.

Rajon Rondo. John Wall isn't fully developed, and he has a major turnover problem. Rondo is arguably the best passer in the game today, and he doesn't get too many turnovers. Also, Rondo is more consistent and efficient than Wall is. John wall has many off-nights.

Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose is a better shooter and passer than Westbrook is. And he won MVP. Simple as that.

Magic Johnson.The Big O' was great and all, but let's face it: He played in a weak era. The 60's was not a tough era in the NBA. That is why talented players could dominate. There wasn't too much talent or height in the NBA at that time. Magic Johnson is arguably the best passer ever in the history of the NBA. He was so versatile and dominating. I know that Oscar once averaged a triple double for a whole season, but I bet you Magic would top all of Oscar's stats and average a quadruple double if he had played in the 60's. He was that good.

This one is extremely tough, but I am going with John Stockton on this one. John Stockton was an even better passer than Nash is. Stockton wasn't as flashy, but averaged more assists. For instance, Stockton averaged 14.5 assists at his peak, while Steve Nash peaked at 11.6 assists per game. Stockton has by far more career points and assists than Steve Nash does. Stockton led the Jazz to back-to-back Finals appearances, while Nash has never made it to the Finals. Also I would like to point out that John Stockton averaged more points per 36 minutes than Nash, and in the 1989 playoffs, John Stockton averaged an UNBELIEVABLE 27.3 points per game and 13.7 assists per game. Both of these stats are far more amazing than anything Nash has put up in the playoffs.

Isiah Thomas. Gary Payton is probably the greatest defensive point guard ever to play the game, but Isiah Thomas was a much better passer. Gary Payton never averaged more than 9 assists per game, while Isiah once averaged 13.9 assists per game. Also, Isiah performed better in the playoffs, averaging 20.4 ppg and 8.9 apg. Gary Payton averaged 14ppg and 5.3apg. The difference is very noticeable. Isiah has two rings, winning back to back titles while leading the Pistons in 1989 and 1990. Gary Payton has only one ring, which he only got because he was bailed out by being traded to the Miami Heat in his second last season. By that time, Gary was washed up, and the Miami Heat would've had no difficulty winning the title without him. So Isiah wins.

Wow this ones tough, two of my favourite players from back in the day. Okay, Iverson was twice as good of a scorer then Chauncey was, and he averaged more assists than Chauncey. Also, Chauncey has shot under .400 four times during his career, while Iverson has only done that twice. The only thing that makes this a tough choice is that Chauncey has a ring and Iverson does not. I'm still gonna go with A.I though.

Top 5 PG's in the league today:

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Derrick Rose

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Russell Westbrook

Suggestions: For your next version, you should include players like Kevin Johnson, Tiny Archibald, Jason Kidd, Bob Cousy, Walt Frazier, and Pete Maravich (Whatever you do, you GOTTA include Pete Maravich)

Btw, great question man, I like it. I really had to think for this one.

Chris Paul or Deron Williams: Chris Paul

John Wall or Rajon Rondo: Rondo

Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook: Derrick Rose, that guy that said Westbrook is smarter than Rose is an idiot

Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson: Magic Johnson

Steve Nash or John Stockton: Steve Nash, yeah I said Nash is better than Stockton, don't hate.

Gary Payton or Isiah Thomas: hmm tough one, I'll go with Isiah Thomas

Chauncey Billups or Allen Iverson: Allen Iverson

1.Chris Paul

2.Deron Williams

3.Derrick Rose

4:Rajon Rondo

5:Russell Westbrook

Chris Paul

John Wall

Derrick Rose

Magic Johnson

Steve Nash

Isiah Thomas

Allen Iverson

Top 5 PGs today

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Derrick Rose

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Russell Westbrook

I think you mean a resurrection, not a redemption.

Williams over Paul for his strength

Rondo over Wall

Rose over Westbrook for his ability to run a team

Oscar over Magic due to his scoring ability and Kareem calling him the best of the two

Stockton over Nash for his defense

Isiah over Payton for his passing ability

Iverson over Chauncey (on just about every measurable area except three point shooting.

Top PG's today (I'll probably forget someone)

1) Deron Williams

1a) Chris Paul

3) Derrick Rose

4) Steve Nash

5) Russell Westbrook

6) Tony Parker

7) Rajon Rondo,

8) Steph Curry,

9) Jason Kidd,

• Jerry

CP3

Rondo

Westbbrook

Stockton

Payton

Ai

Deron Williams( he is stronger physically and mentally than Paul)

John Wall ( lightning quick and incredible court vision)

Russell Westbrook( Smarter)

Magic Johnson ( Great defense)

John stockton (obviously)

Isiah Thomas( good defensive player)

Allen Iverson( Smart)

Source(s): Me

Chris Paul, Rondo, Derrick "MVP!!!!" ROSE Magic, Steve Isiah Allen Iverson

1. ROSE

2. Chris paul

3. D-Will

4. Westbrook

5. Rondo

BTW: you should have brandon knight vs. tony parker kemba walker vs. jimmer, tyreke evans vs. brandon jennings, stephen curry vs jrue holiday the pg's of the future in your next version

Here is mine.

Chris Paul.

Rajon Rondo.

D. Rose.

Magic Johnson.

John Stockton.

Gary Payton.

Allen Iverson.

• Cool

Chris Paul

Rondo

D-Rose

Magic Johnson

Stockton

Thomas

Iverson

Top 5 PG's

1)Cp3

2)D-Will

3)D-Rose

4)Rondo

5)Westbrook I guess

@Christopher Lamboy, you clearly no nothing about basketball, Russell westbrook is smart? smarter than rose? WTF? Isiah Thomas is better because he was better defensively than Payton? Payton is the best defensive point guard ever, and (sorry Ant) Iverson is not that smart, he missed a lot of practise