Can one of the following players make it to the finals of the USO .... and/or win it?!?

One of these four players will make the semis of the US Open: (13) Peng Shuai, Monica Niculescu, Angelique Kerber, and (26) Flavia Pennetta. Do you think one of these four players can pull off the craziest One Slam Wonder in women's tennis history?

** Their possible opponents in the semifinals include: (25) Maria Kirilenko, (9) Sam Stosur, (2) Vera Zvonareva, (22) Sabine Lisicki.

Favorite Answer

Pennetta by far!

Pennetta because she's actually won a doubles slam! She knows all the volleying tricks thats why i think she beat Masha coz she doesn't volley that much!

** Vera will win the USO title! if she can get past Lisicki who she beat whenLisicki was in form and she wasn't!

I wan't a Vera-Flavia SF i love both characters and i wouldn't mind seeing Flavia or Sabine going to the finals because there both loveable characters and have goo sportsmanship. Unlike Woz who just complains and complains especially when she's with Saine! Can you get over it Caroline!

I'm hoping for Sabine to reach the USO Finals, but it will most likely be Zvonareva, since she has the most experience out of all the players left in the bottom half. She already played 2 finals in Grand Slams(both last year) and reached the final here last year. I think that either Peng or Pennetta will reach the semifinals, but it will probably be Pennetta, I just have that feeling. I would honestly love a Peng-Lisicki semifinal, but I think it will be Zvonareva-Pennetta, with Zvonareva winning.

However, Serena is on the other side of the draw and almost all top players have lost. I can't see her losing to noone now. She is so motivated to win this and is undoubtedly the best player on the WTA in the last 10 years and no matter who is across the net, she will win, because it's a Grand Slam final. When she is healthy and motivated she is unstoppable and since she is healthy and motivated I think and hope she will win the US Open.

IMO, Peng has the best chance out of all 4 followed by Pennetta. On the other 4 possible semifinalists, I think Lisicki will upsets Zvonareva tonight. She has pretty chances in reaching the final. By then, Serena awaits. Serena is really a big favourite now.

• If anyone could, it would be Pennetta. She's beaten Sharapova and has had the best hard court results of the 3. I actually would be kind of happy. Before Schiavone won the French Open, Flavia was the top dog over in Italy..But Schiavone's success has kind of left poor Pennetta in the dust. However I think the winner of the Zvonareva / Lisicki match will get to the finals..hopefully it's Vera!

:)

Out of those 4 Peng has the best chance. But is really nearly impossible still.

There are too many great players still left in the draw.

Serena and Zvonareva have the best chance to win.

But Lisicki can cause an upset and win. I definately see her as a future slam winner anyhow.

• ?

I'm thinking Zvonareva will return to the final and Serena will be there waiting to take her out! But all of them have an equal chance, with so many top seeds already out. Serena is the lowest seed still remaining and she is playing the best. She got tight against Azarenka earlier today and needed 5 math points to win, but looking at her competition after that match, she's pretty much unstoppable!

I think of those four.. maybe Pennetta could, because her confidence is going to be really high after beating Sharapova...

Suarez Navarro... no.. i dont think she will get past Vinci or Petkovic.

I think maybe someone unexpected could reach the final, But Serena Williams will be hard to beat, If she loses to Azarenka.. who knows.

*Lisicki is going to win.

Woman tennis makes me wanna cry. :(

Pennetta is biggest candidate.

Vera vs Flavia seems like most possible semi final.

Winner will be Lisicki or Serena for me with Wozniacki as outsider so no, I don't think any of those has a chance. One with best chance is Peng.