Why do the ones who criticize Catholicism never quote the actual official teachings of the Church?

These official teachings are in the Church councils, the "Catechism of the Catholic Church", and in Papal Encyclicals. I think it's because most who criticize the teachings of the Catholic Church don't know those teachings. So in fact, they are attacking a straw man. By the way, someone being... show more These official teachings are in the Church councils, the "Catechism of the Catholic Church", and in Papal Encyclicals. I think it's because most who criticize the teachings of the Catholic Church don't know those teachings. So in fact, they are attacking a straw man.

By the way, someone being born a Catholic or merely attending a Catholic school doesn't necessarily mean they know anything about what the Catholic Church actually teaches. I've seen many times where someone who was born a Catholic or attended a school with a Catholic name for X number of years doesn't know the first thing about Catholicism.