Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 8 years ago

Why do I keep getting friend requests from total strangers?

And most of them aren't even in my country... most of them are from the Phillippines, strangely enough.

I wonder, am I the only one?

I am male, and people who send me the requests are usually female...

Anyway, I reject them all! :D

To be clear, I have nothing against people from the Phillippines (or any other country in the world), but I just can't help but wonder because I don't know them, and we don't have any mutual friends, either...

Best Answer

i get that too its people who add whoever just because they think facebook is about acquiring random people to become friends either block them that what i do tell them off or set your profile to private

• courts

MySpace does not enable random requests in great parts, because it is considered unsolicited mail. the comparable goed for facebook, Twitter, et cetera. Even small parts may be considered unsolicited mail if adequate human beings checklist the requests, which will then convey approximately a warning or possibly a ban.

That happens to me sometimes as well, it makes me wonder how the hell these people got to my page!

I once got a friend request from someone with 1 mutual friend and he supposedly lived in Russia. But in hindsight I think that profile was a joke because he was 'accidentally' flashing his dick in his profile picture....

so creepy.

Just make your privacy settings stricter and you shouldn't have so much of a problem.

Idk but i'd set your profile so only friends of friends can send you friend requests and only friends can search you, That should do the trick (: x

if you are a female, thats why lol if you are male, im not sure? haha

it happens alot i just ignore them

pleeeeease answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoX7b...