what is the best dell laptop in 2011 ?

i need a good dell laptop so can you please help

Favorite Answer

LOL!!! A GOOD Dell laptop?!

Is that possible?! LMAO.

My work just refreshed my machine with a newer Dell Latitude. I think they paid $2,000 for it. Just like the last one, it's a piece of sh*t. Dell is incapable of making a good machine. They are just junk commodity hardware thrown together with a side of marketing.

I can't see why anyone would purposely subject themselves to Dell. Most only have them because that's what their job provided.

I have had 2 Dell, 2 Lenovo, 1 MacBook Pro and 1 ASUS laptops in my day - all provided by work. If I ever had to purchase one for myself for personal use, it would be a Lenovo. They impressed me and I wish work still contracted with them. Both Dells have frustrated me so bad at work that I often have to walk away from my desk for a second to avoid smashing them. The Dells and the MacBooks also burn themselves up within the first year of use. Both have even burnt my legs when I was using them (especially the MacBook)

Source(s): Computer Engineer

I got the latest XPS 17 aka L702x last month to replace an HP Pavilion dv6.The weight is also substantially greater. The 9-cell battery protrudes from the bottom, making it even harder to fit into tight space. Although the 9-cell is supposed to extend the battery life, I get just under 3 hours in mixed usage. So, the XPS is a desk-top replacement through and through. If mobility is an important consideration, the XPS 15 can be had with the same CPU and screen resolution, and will be a much better choice.

This Dell XPS 15 X15L-1024ELS is an excellent machine. Zippy fast, feels rock solid and user friendly. It is a bit bulky but like I said, feels solid. Keys are lit and feel really secure. As a whole, you feel like you purchased a rock solid machine that wasn't built with cheap materials.

Pros:

1) Great specs (i7 core 2nd gen, 6 gb ram, 750gb hard drive) & performance.

2) Rock solid build & feel (keyboard, touchpad & body).

3) User friendly to setup & use.

4) Two USB 3.0, HDMI & Bluetooth.

5) Excellent speakers, best sound I've heard on a laptop.

6) 2.0 mega pixel webcam.

7) Excellent deal for students with free Xbox 360.

• D.J.

look at teh Alienwares (they are by dell I think)

ALIENWARE

up to 9000$