Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 8 years ago

Is Dale Earnhardt Junior the greatest driver in NASCAR history?

One would think so from the contract extension.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Lauren
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Most of his delusional fans would think that

• 8 years ago

Jr is not the greatest driver, however he is a good driver. For all the Jr haters out there, is has always been a top 15 driver regardless of where he was signed to drive. He is currently in the champoionship hunt and that is without a win, so he is doing it on consistancy.

Jr is one of the most popular drivers and many non-fans would say it is because of his daddy. There may be a little truth to that at the beginning, but more importantly Jr. says it like it is. He is just like his dad when he says when he screwed up, when other screwed up and even gets excited for top 10 runs. Basically in this politically correct world he is down to earth. He never asked to be the most popular driver but he is and he is for a reason. Been a decade since Sr died and if he wasnt likable on his own then Sr fans would have left him by now.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, not by a long shot. The greatest driver in NASCAR history died in 2001, and just so happens to be Dale Jr.'s father. Sure, Jr. has talent, but nowhere near what his father had.

• Rick31
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

This question belongs in the comedy section. I can name thirty or more drivers off the top of my head that are or have been better than Junior. He may be the most popular, but it is not because he is a great driver. Petty, Pearson, Gordon, Waltrip, and Allison are the best ever. Just look at their win totals. His father was Top 10, but he never will be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Do you watch NASCAR? Then surely you know that he is no where near the "greatest" driver. He continues to be popular though I don't understand why.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No. The contract extension is because he brings in money regardless of his inadequacies as a driver.

• 8 years ago

his contract was only renewed because he brings in the money from merchandise. hes by far the most popular driver and it would be nice to see him win once in a while but no.... he is not the greatest driver in history!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If I said "yes" and it makes you upset, then the answer could be "no"

Some people are still trying to figure out if NASCAR is a sport.

I Love all the Junior fans

Source(s): : )
  • Cabby
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Not by a Long Shot, However, he is, and has been the most popular one for a number of years.

• Bill
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Jr aint the greatest by any standards, but cmon y'all. Why you hatin on Jr. He doesnt deserve the hoopla he gets, but cmon y'all why do you gotta hate guy. Do you think Jr wanted this. Watch is interviews. He is uncomfortable in front of a camera and does not want no attention. Stop goin after Jr

Source(s): 3 Lives on Forever.
  • 8 years ago

2 points

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.