1. Pay for the products listed below with your own money - not your mom's.
2. Explain to your mom that (and believe this - it's very true) you know you're beautiful without makeup, and that makeup is only a fun look that you and your friends have a fun (safe) time bonding over.
3. Wear only waterproof mascara and lip gloss - for now! When you get a little older (like in the coming high school years) you can get into foundations, liners, powders, shadows, and whatnot. Trust me, waterproof mascara and lip gloss done right looks SO mature, yet clean and fresh.
4. Use these (Revlon) drugstore, non-animal tested products:
Super simple: Waterproof mascara, lipgloss, a compact and a plain, bathroom (not makeup-related) tissue. Throw the lipgloss, compact and tissue into your bag
- leave the waterproof mascara at home, it'll last all day after you put it on in the morning -
after your initial (quick) application in the morning.
- Revlon CustomEyes Waterproof Mascara in Blackened Brown or Blackest Black - brown for lighter hair/lashes and black for darker hair/lashes - (one coat of "Setting Two: Length & Definition" on both upper and lower lashes)
- Revlon Travel Mirror Compact (throughout the day: look in the mirror, blot oily/shiny areas with the tissue and reapply your lipgloss - these "touch-ups" are only needed a few times during the school/work day, at most)
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Shine City (very clear, sheer gloss with a subtle pink tint, even though it looks really pigmented in the tube)
Takes me about a single minute, tops, in the morning and only seconds for touch-ups! Revlon isn't that inexpensive - the three products together costed me $22 at the drugstore. However, you'll have these (non-animal tested) products for a long time. The compact doesn't need to be replaced, ever. The lipgloss runs out about two months after you start using it. The waterproof mascara needs to be replaced every six months for sanitary reasons, however it runs out after about three months. So the lipgloss and the waterproof mascara together are $17 together. So, I hope you'll use these products!
5. Use these videos for professional application:
*Don't wear lipstick.
**Who cares what other girls are doing? A simple, real look is 100X better than a made-up look. Not to mention it's a lot better for the health of your skin.
Experience in the Beauty Field
· 8 years ago