Exercise and Diet Questions?

I'm trying to lose 30 lbs from my 5 foot 6ish 160lbs frame by June 2012. I think I have an outline of how I'm going to do it. DIET: 1. Around 1500 calories a day. (I'm not gonna obssessivly count though, just estimate) 2.Eat at least 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. 3.Eat 5-6 small meals a... show more I'm trying to lose 30 lbs from my 5 foot 6ish 160lbs frame by June 2012. I think I have an outline of how I'm going to do it.
DIET:
1. Around 1500 calories a day. (I'm not gonna obssessivly count though, just estimate)
2.Eat at least 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.
3.Eat 5-6 small meals a day so I'm never starving.
4. Most importantly, I won't deprive myself. I'll try and make healthy choices, but if I want a cookie once in a while, thats fine..it won't kill me.

EXERCISE:
1. Try and get an hour or more of exercise a day.
2. Wake up a little earlier and get maybe 15-20 of stretching, yoga, and situps to get my blood flowing.
3. Get some exercise after dinner: a walk, an exercise routine, playing catch, SOMETHING.
4. Keep playing softball, which I've LOVED since age 5.

GENERAL:
1.Stay positive.
2.Tell myself: I AM BEAUTIFUL.
3. Don't forget to treat myself once in a while!
4.Reward myself (NOT WITH FOOD): 5 lbs lost? New nail polish. 15 lbs lost? New book. And so on until June 2012 when I reach my goal weight (hopefully!): DREAM 8TH GRADE GRADUATION DRESS.
5. Weigh myself only once a week.
6. Most importantly: Love yourself. I'm always gonna be curvy, it's just the way my body is.. And there's a lot more to me than my weight.

So my question is: Are these good ideas? If you could adress all numbers (EX: Diet: 1. 2. 3.) that would be great! And do you think I can meet my goal? Thank you so much in advance!
22 answers 22